I do everything:
1) provide total patient care
2) answer all phone calls (which I actually hate doing)
3) input all orders
4) mix my own drugs
5) do my own blood draws
6) do my own ekg's
7) call the MD when I see fit
8) arrange my for all transfers/discharges, etc
9) float to most areas of the hospital (when the unit is closed)
10) because of #9, I provide great continuity of care from the ER to the ICU!!!
Of course I also work for the state's smallest hospital and probably the smallest ICU. Because of this I usually have one, maybe two and rarely three patients. I also work nights! So. . . doing all of the above really is not big deal. And I like it!
I know I'll never experience this anywhere else. So I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts.
Yep! I like my job. The quesion always remain, though: Where will this hopsital be in the next year or two???