RIH/Hasbro Critical Care Internships: - Page 8Register Today!
- Nov 16, '11 by bridget1228I also applied for the internship this winter. What specialty did you apply for? I am anxious to see if I get an interview or not. I was surprised there weren't more posting on here about the winter internship. I am wondering if that means there were fewer applicants (wishful thinking).
- Nov 16, '11 by yp1624Since most ppl found something already from may graduates hopefully less ppl applied!! I chose MICU as a first preference, hopefully i can get an interview!!
- Dec 4, '11 by bridget1228Any word yet??
- Dec 4, '11 by yp1624Nothing..
- Dec 6, '11 by phenomenomaticHi all, I applied to the critical care residency at RIH for this winter and I am hoping to hear whether or not I will be offered an interview this week. I am curious though as I never received an email regarding their receipt of my application. Some of the posters said they received this type of email for earlier cohorts. Did all of you who applied for this upcoming cohort receive a conformation email?
- Dec 6, '11 by phenomenomaticHi bridget and yp, I just got off the phone with the nurse recruiter at RIH and he said that they already set up interviews with applicants for the first round. Sounded like crushing news at first. Then he went on to explain that there was also going to be a second round of interviews. At first I assumed this would be for those from the first round who made it to the second round. He corrected me by saying that the second round is for applicants who where not interviewed at all yet. So there is still a chance.
It was a little disconcerting waiting the whole first week of December for a phone call, but as far as I can tell this is standard practice these days. All the programs I've applied to are completely inundated and getting any information or timely responses, if getting a response at all is difficult. I am still keeping my fingers crossed that I get a chance to interview with RIH, although I think land a position will still be extremely difficult. I believe the recruiter said there were 80+ applicants for 9 positions. Much better odds than most other residency programs I've looked at, but not great odds by any stretch of the imagination in the type of situation.
Regardless, I hope this information helps you both. Best of luck to you in your respective job hunts!
- Dec 7, '11 by bridget1228Thank you for the feedback! I left a message for the nurse recruiter on Friday, but hadn't heard anything back. I had a feeling I wouldn't make the first round of interviews because I am not affiliated with RIH and don't live in RI. Hopefully, I will be asked to interview during the second round.
I appreciate your response!
- Dec 7, '11 by AndyJune80+ applicants for 9 position? That's a pretty small number compared to other new grad programs. The possibility of each of us getting hired is 8.9% I appreciate you guys effort to follow up with this. GOOD LUCK!!
- Dec 12, '11 by bridget1228After waiting anxiously for two weeks, I got a call for an interview on Dec 29! I am curious what the interview has been like for those who have applied in the past. Any information would be appreciated!
- Dec 14, '11 by NewGrad RN BSNI got 2 interviews!!!!!