LTC pay?Register Today!
- by GretaRN Feb 11, '09Hi all,
Does anyone know what nursing homes pay new RN'S? Just curious...Thanks
- so 21.50 is not that good,,,,below average???
- Feb 12, '09 by Schmoo1022No. I think it is pretty good to start. I would be more concerned with the staffing, size of the facility ..like how many residents you would be responsible for ect. I will see what my facility starts new grads at and let you know. I think some nurses with a few years exp. only make 24.00 at my place.
- 48 pts 1 3-11 nurse, 1 3-7 nurse...3 or 4 skilled at a time, they are mixed up on the units.
- 7 or 8 aides
- Feb 12, '09 by RhodyGirl, RNbrantaf-
That seems really low to me. Is this facility in RI?
- Feb 13, '09 by GretaRNyes it is
- Feb 15, '09 by cjcsoon2brnI mean lets be honest. If your going into LTC your definately not doing it for the pay (which is fine, your reasons are your own) but LTC overall pretty much pays the lowest for every position. Keep in mind that every facility is different but for the most part LTC pays the lowest. If your looking for the highest pay then your looking at a hospital based position or a traveling nurse position.