How do I request a CORI?
- 1Apr 25, '09 by MrsPeepI am hoping to take the CNA training class offered at CCRI. At today's pre-test I was given an application that I need to submit with a health form and a CORI. Would someone be able to tell me how I can get a CORI? The only thing the application said was to contact the attorney general's office. I figured before I called I would see if I could get any info here. Thanks in advance!
- 5,471 Visits
- 1Apr 26, '09 by crazensweetHi,
that is a criminal background check...Some states you can request an application. In Rhode Island you have to go to the office. Some of my friends have gone and waited for at least 2-3 hours...so plan accordingly.
Attorney General Bureau of Criminal Identification, 150 South Main Street, Providence, RI 02903; (401) 421-5268.
and good luck!!! I took that pretest and have to finish my shots.
- 1Apr 26, '09 by crazensweetSorry I posted the wrong info...you can mail in an application with a fee and photo
or go in person
the attorney generals office website with the info is below...
I hope this helps.
- 0Apr 26, '09 by V9611I am assuming it is a BCI.. background check through the Attourney Generals Office....i went to get my BCI check...i think it was $15 and i waited for about 10 min. the office is in PROVIDENCE...they just gave me a print out with a seal on it...someone else in my CNA class got it online, and it was cheaper, plus she got it in about 3 days in the mail.... (and didnt have to drive all the way down to Providence..LOL)
- 0Apr 27, '09 by nkarayup.. it's a BCI and you have to go down to the Attorney General in Providence with either a $5 money order or check, they will not take cash... plus your picture ID. They give you a stamped form and your done. The health questionaire is a bit more complicated.. you need to get a physical and ppd test as well as all other immunizations or proof that you are immune. Good luck. The course is tough but worth it.