How do I request a CORI?Register Today!
- by MrsPeep Apr 25, '09I am hoping to take the CNA training class offered at CCRI. At today's pre-test I was given an application that I need to submit with a health form and a CORI. Would someone be able to tell me how I can get a CORI? The only thing the application said was to contact the attorney general's office. I figured before I called I would see if I could get any info here. Thanks in advance!
- Apr 26, '09 by crazensweetHi,
that is a criminal background check...Some states you can request an application. In Rhode Island you have to go to the office. Some of my friends have gone and waited for at least 2-3 hours...so plan accordingly.
Attorney General Bureau of Criminal Identification, 150 South Main Street, Providence, RI 02903; (401) 421-5268.
and good luck!!! I took that pretest and have to finish my shots.
- Apr 26, '09 by crazensweetSorry I posted the wrong info...you can mail in an application with a fee and photo
or go in person
the attorney generals office website with the info is below...
I hope this helps.
- Apr 26, '09 by MrsPeepPhew! Thanks for the info!
- Apr 26, '09 by V9611I am assuming it is a BCI.. background check through the Attourney Generals Office....i went to get my BCI check...i think it was $15 and i waited for about 10 min. the office is in PROVIDENCE...they just gave me a print out with a seal on it...someone else in my CNA class got it online, and it was cheaper, plus she got it in about 3 days in the mail.... (and didnt have to drive all the way down to Providence..LOL)
- Apr 27, '09 by MrsPeepI think CORI and BCI are the same thing! The woman who was at the test sort of used the words interchangably. Thanks for the all the info! I'm going to call the office today. If I can do it through the mail, that would be great.
- Apr 27, '09 by nkarayup.. it's a BCI and you have to go down to the Attorney General in Providence with either a $5 money order or check, they will not take cash... plus your picture ID. They give you a stamped form and your done. The health questionaire is a bit more complicated.. you need to get a physical and ppd test as well as all other immunizations or proof that you are immune. Good luck. The course is tough but worth it.