Free Cna Training In Ri?Register Today!
- by crazensweet Jun 6, '08Does anyone know of any CNA training courses in RI? besides the $501 course at CCRI?
- Jun 6, '08 by cjcsoon2brnQuote from tinytessa31There are a few Nursing homes that offer free CNA training but you must agree to work for them for XXX amount of time. Personally, I am not cool with anyone telling me that I have to work for them for any amount of time or else. I am going to attend a free CNA class offered by the VNS of South County Hospital. Its free and you aren't forced to work for anyone (although they prefer you work for South County Hospital or the VNS.) Where are you located in RI and maybe we can help you find a class.Does anyone know of any CNA training courses in RI? besides the $501 course at CCRI?
- Hi Cjcsoon2brn... I live in Glocester/Chepachet...I feel the same way...dont like the idea of being so restricted to that agencies nursing home
- wow.. thats in wakefield...That looks like a very beautiful campus/hospital I am 59 minutes and 43 miles away
- thank you serenity.....I will take a look
- Jun 8, '08 by RhodyGirl, RNIf any of you have already been accepted into the program, you can apply for a student nurse internship at any of the local hospitals. I have a friend that started nursing last semester (at RIC) and was applying to be a SNA (student nurse associate) at Memorial. I think I may look into this as I will be starting the program in September....and there's no silly 3 month course to go through. I figure the experience will be worth it.....and you get paid (not mega bucks or anything) so that's a plus.
- Jun 8, '08 by crazensweetHi Greeneyes....do you need to finish 2 clinical rotations or a full year?
- Jun 8, '08 by RhodyGirl, RNtinytessa-
As far as I know, you can apply as soon as you start nursing school. My friend did this last semester when she was in Nursing 220 and 222. I'm definitely going to call around and double check though.
- Jun 8, '08 by crazensweetIts something I will definately keep in mind ...... I have a ways to go.....I need all three sciences ..... So I wont apply to CCRI program until Fall '09 .....