CCRI having problems filling Spring semesterRegister Today!
- by Northofnowhere Dec 23, '09So if there are any of you out there that have your pre-reqs completed, it looks like CCRI is really having a hard time filling the slots for the spring program. The following posting came out today.
"Students who already have completed all the prerequisite classes for the Nursing program can apply to the Spring 2010 program during the next open application period between Jan. 4 and 15, 2010. For a list of prerequisites, program guidelines and the Nursing program application, please visit the Nursing home page."
Last check for Lincoln campus there were 80 slots available, but only 47 people registered.
- Dec 24, '09 by JubilayheeLol! 47 people are enough people for one class anyways. I felt cramped during orientation, yes I know that included Newport students but still.
- Has anyone taken Nursing I yet? I start in a few weeks and am VERY nervous!
- Jan 7, '10 by NorthofnowhereI too start Nursing I in..wow, just over 2 weeks now. I'm more excited than nervous.
It seems like it's taken a long time to get here and I can't wait to begin!!!
- I have been going to CCRI at night since 2005, so yes, it has taken a long time to get here. I am older too, and I think that is why I am nervous because my memory is not as sharp as younger students. Plus I work 30+ hours a week and wonder how I will fit work, school, and studying in, not to mention home life, etc. Are you going to Lincoln? Good luck to you.
- Jan 7, '10 by NorthofnowhereYes, I will be at the Lincoln campus. I will also be working full-time while in school. That is probably, if
anything, what makes nervous. It will be a lot of work to keep up with the job and school,
but I don't have any other options.
Good luck to you as well!!
- Thanks and good luck to you too. I have two friends who took Nursing I this past semester. One is a 20 something with a toddler who said it was hard, but she didn't study much and did fine and loved the clinicals. The other one is a 40+ woman, the type who has to be the #1 student. Everytime I saw her, she was all stressed out and said how many hours she studied and it took hours to get the info from the patient's chart when you do your hospital clinicals, while the younger one said it took her only 1/2 hour to get info from the patient's charts. So, it will be interesting to see how I handle it. Working full time is going to be tough, but it is a necessity for most of us. See you 1/25!