I did my associates in nursing 15 years ago, but never worked as a nurse. I now want to start working, where should i start, im wondering if I do my RN-BSN can help me get a job
You may want to look into the requirements of your BON- you may need a refresher course.
Yes, I will take my refresher first.
I'm in a similar situation... but graduated more recently
1. Is your RN current? If not, look into what you need to do.
2. Check with BRN, do you need refresher course? If so, look for one with a clinical on the floor component.
3. Figure out "Your story." Why you left, what you have been doing to stay relevant, and why you want to return.
4. Craft an updated resume and cover letter.
5. Start applying and networking.
6. Get ready for those interviews. Behavorial questions are all the rage now. Learn about how to answer them.
7. Stay positive.
RNInterview Tools. Find them on facebook for many more tips.
Also get certificates relating to unit you want to show you are doing everything you can to get yourself up to speed. ACLS PALS BLS NRP STABLE ....
You'll have to explain why you didn't pursue the career once the degree was completed, as GoodDay2017 mentioned!
Must Read Topics