George Washington University ABSN Fall 2013Register Today!
- by AlmondB10 Feb 23Hi, starting a thread for GWU ABSN Fall 2013 applicants. Has anyone applied? If so, have you heard anything from admissions?
- 13,337 Views
- Feb 26 by oh191Hi! I also applied for the program. I submitted my application at the beginning of the month but have not heard anything yet.
- Feb 27 by MindylaneGood luck.
I'm in the program right now.
- Feb 27 by nickrigaI've also applied but haven't heard anything from admissions. NursingCAS also just calculated my GPA this afternoon. Have you guys submitted your FAFSA paperwork?
- Feb 27 by nickrigaMindylane - did you apply for any external scholarships or receive any assistance? Wondering what kind of options are available. Do you like the program thus far? Thank you!
- Feb 28 by MindylaneHi Nickriga,
There were a few scholarships available for students that were essay-based or for minorities in nursing. I wrote an essay and was awarded some money towards school... it wasn't a whole lot, but basically paid for half a semester, so any little bit helps.
I really enjoy the program a lot. I think the BEST thing about it, by far, is the professors. They absolutely, without any exception, want you do succeed and do anything to make sure you do. I know this was something I read as a criticism for other schools, so I feel so fortunate that the staff are so great. We have also gotten guest speakers and have fun projects.
It's tough, but overall, I am really happy I chose GWU
- Mar 1 by ShanghaiGirlI just got in!! Mindylane I'm glad you've had such a good experience!
- Mar 1 by nickrigaAwesome, CONGRATS! They already sent out acceptance letters? How did you receive yours?!
- Mar 1 by ShanghaiGirlThey e-mailed me today!
- Mar 1 by rhoadeshouseHas anyone heard of Catholic University??