Master in PsychRegister Today!
- by halogod1 Jan 12I have been a pediatric nurse at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus for 18 years and have floated all over the hospital. I recently decided that I would like to go back and get my Masters in Nursing and specialize in Psychology. I was wondering if anyone can give me advice on programs or jobs or experiences? As far as I know there are no programs in Ohio for MSN in Psych Nursing so I will have to go out of state. I really feel that this is my calling and want to pursue this!
- Jan 12 by serenitylove14The only one I have heard of is the University of Tennessee Knoxville. Sry thats all I know!
- Jan 16 by edie1OMG! Check out the university of cincinatti - they even have distance learning msn psychiatric nurse practitioner i was so ready to enroll but now minnesota changed something (maybe requiring PhD) so not possible fo ME now but check them out
- Jan 16 by elkparkYes, I know several people who went to the UC program in Cincinnati. And I would be v. surprised if there aren't other psych MSN programs in OH.
- Jan 16 by KFossMaster of Science in Nursing (MSN) Program: FPB School of Nursing at Case Western Reserve University
Nursing Master's Degree | Psychiatric Mental Health Family Nurse Practitioner
The University of Akron : Family Psychiatric Mental Health NP
Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner | College of Nursing
Those are just a few I know of...just do a quick search of the schools websites. I am sure that there are post-MSN certs that you can do too but I found those 4 in about 5 mins.
Sorry can't give you job info from a personal experiences as I am not even a nurse yet but I do have an MA in psych and 5 years working in mental health with psychiatric nurse practitioners. They seem to like their jobs. I again can't speak to Ohio as much as the agency I work for has more psychiatrists then I have ever seen under one roof before. In my previous state all we had was NP's and they loved what they did.
- Jan 18 by modgoth1Ohio State University
- Feb 10 by jdlunger1I am a first year graduate student at Kent State University in their Family Psych/Mental Health NP program. I really like it. I had one year of med/surg experience before going back. Several students commute from Pittsburgh PA, Northern W. VA., Athens, Cleveland, and of course the Akron area. You meet once a week and can have your clinicals wherever you need them to be. Check it out Kent.edu/nursing