Would you retake a course if you got a B, or only if you got a C or less?Register Today!
- by delrepublica1776 Dec 16, '10I'm afraid I just got my first F in my entire life, in Pathophysiology.
I've gotten almost all As in my nursing prerequsites, except for Bs in Anatomy I and Nutrition.
I don't even know if I should bother retaking Patho or not.
Nursing school admission is already cutthroat competitive anyway, so maybe I'm being unrealistic if I think that they'd still consider me if I retook it.
So depressed right now.
- Dec 16, '10 by jngo91If I got a C or less, I would definitely consider retaking the course because my nursing pre-requisities are really important for my program. I am already in the nursing program though and they require a C+ or better on ALL nursing pre-requisites this includes the sciences and the General Education credits.
I would not risk getting kicked out of the program just because of one course so I would retake it.
If I was getting a B I would not retake it because that it passing.
- Dec 16, '10 by stephanie gassoyou a B is not bad at all and neither is C, but if your school allows you to retake a C course then just check with the school that you want to get in and see what is their policy for retaking a course also you might want to ask what is also their forgiveness policy on having B- or C on your transcripts.
- Dec 17, '10 by ThirdwatchThe schools around my area don't allow repeats. the take the original grade unless it's been more than 7 years since you first took that class.
- Dec 17, '10 by T.W.RNMy school allows repeat so I am retaking my composition class (which I got a C because I screwed up on the final)
- Dec 17, '10 by ParkerBeanCurdRN,BSNWhat are the admission requirements for your program? Do they look at overall GPA? Is there a point system? Does the program look at your overall performance or do they only consider the highest grades earned in the courses attempted? It depends on your school requirements as to whether or not I would retake the course. Well, honestly, I personally would retake it so that my GPA was up to stuff to transfer if need be. Most schools have policies in place to replace failing grades with passing ones. This does not mean the F comes off of the transcript, but it would not be included in calculating your GPA. Talk to someone in the records office about such policy.
- Dec 17, '10 by keepmovingrnIf you get a B, then I wouldnt retake it. Sometimes we can over stress our mind and bodies when it comes to our grades and nursing school. You should be just fine with a B. If I recieved a C, then maybe I would retake it. Good luck to you