I'm 17 and I recently got accepted into my dream nursing school
in Surrey, England and I had 5 interview stages to pass and I thought some were easy and some were hard. But this year in England, the universities had to raise the bar, because they had so many applicants, so interviewing applicants was their only way to pick people.
Don't be nervous! just relax and be yourself
When you answer the questions think them through first and answer slowly and at your own pace. You don't have to rush
Go to bed early the night before your interview. Having a clear head and a good's night sleep will help
Dont think about the interview too much and don't get worried. Just relax and everything will be fine
Questions they asked me. I still rememeber lol (: oh and btw, I'm studying Child Nursing. Questions:
1. Why have you chosen to study nursing?
2. Why have you chosen to study child nursing instead of adult nursing, mental nursing and disabilty nursing?
3. What qualities those a nurse need to have?
4. What is the role of the nurse?
5. How would you deal with rude patient?
6. How would you deal with rude staff who are being mean to you?
Scenarios I got asked:
1. You are project manager and looking after nursing students. They have a project to do and one person in the group never comes to class and never does the work, but still expects to pass. Everyone else in the group is annoyed and says he should pass. What would you do? and how would you handle the suitation?
2. Who would you give the job to?[I had to pick out of 3 candidates and say why I would pick them and why not]
3. Who would you give the organ to? [I had to pick out of 3 patients and say whhich person I would give it to and why]
4. What route and plan would you take? [I had to pick out of 3 travel options and say why]
In my interview I had to do drama and I am so shy and I thought I would crumble, but everything went good and I passed. Anyways, I had to do drama with one of the lecturers. Him and his children went on holiday and I was supposed to look after their rabbit but it went missing and now he's back and his children want to see their rabbit. What do I say and what did I do? It was like a mini conversation and I just said what happened, what I tried to do, I'm still looking for the rabbits and I will tell your kids, ect! it was just a role play but the most important one.
Anyways, I passed all of the 5 stages and the exams (: whoo-hoo! I was nervous and there was no need, everything went fine.
Good luck with your interview! *hugs*