Microbiology Scare - Page 3Register Today!
- Jan 8 by Mina E.I took anatomy and physiology before micro. I received A's in all 3 courses. Micro was the hardest for me. I had to take a "W" on my first try in micro and on my 2nd try, I ended up with an A. I had the same teacher both times for micro, which I didnt have much of an option since she was the only evening class available. She had the worst ratings from previous students but I took her anyways. I do think that anything is possible, no matter how tough it is, as long as you put the time and effort into it, you will do great. Nothing in life is easy, sometimes you have to struggle a bit but in the end you will succeed!!!
- Thank you all for your comments. I'll get through this... I'll just have to work extra extra hard instead of just extra hard... Lol.
- But I learned alot of that stuff in Biology last semester and I did just fine with the material. =/
- Quote from x_factorBut I learned alot of that stuff in Biology last semester and I did just fine with the material. =/If you're taking Micro because you think it'll be easier than A&P, you may be in for a shock. I found A&P MUCH easier than Micro. A&P, especially Anatomy, was pure memorization. Micro is memorization and a LOT of understanding HOW things work on a microscopic level (such at the Kreb's cycle, cellular respiration, Glycolysis, ect.)
- Jan 14 by Blue Felt FedoraI had both A&P I & II prior to Micro, and I think taking those A&P's first really helped, because there was a lot of cross information. In my school, A&P I is a prerequisite to Micro, and I can easily understand why. However, if your school doesn't require one before the other, I wouldn't psych yourself out. Just put your nose to the grindstone, work hard, study, and you should be okay.
- Jan 14 by CT PixieI take ratemyprofessor with a grain of salt. Many times the student giving a bad review didn't do well in the class. Who's to say why they didn't do well (maybe the teacher really isn't one of the better OR maybe the student didn't give it their all and expecte to skate by). If I see things like 'she didn't even give extra credit' or 'he didn't curve' I tend to disregard the review. I've seen where one professor has 50% of the students who despise them and the other 50% who love them. I've had teachers with bad reviews on ratemyprofessor who were some of the best teachers I've had and I've had ones with great reviews and I found them to be of the worst teachers I've had. Don't go into the class with the preconceived notion they are going to be bad b/c of the reviews. Give them the benefit of the doubt and give them a chance, you might be pleasantly surprised.
In regards to taking Micro before A&P, my school has A&P I and II as pre-reqs for Micro. I'm glad they do it that way, I don't think I would have grasped Micro as well without taking A&P prior. But that's just my $0.02.
- Jan 16 by Keeka_Prenurse13Does anyone know if ALH 110 (Med Terminology) is offered at WCCCD Downriver campus?
Ugh... Really wish they had everything in one campus or the same thing at all the campuses... It'll be wayyyy more convient for people in my opinion.