hey everyonnneee...I'm tired of this :(Register Today!
- by BM90 May 19, '12Well, instead of studying right now, I decided to come on here and write a thread just to show how stressed out I am. My med. dosage final is on Monday, and micro final is on Wed., and my NLN is on May 29th! I've been trying to juggle my studying but it's not working too well. I'm so nervous for micro and NLN, math shouldn't be too bad. I just want to do good in all 3! That's not too much to ask for, is it?? lol :/
- 1,134 Views
- May 19, '12 by Achase4848I feel you on that. Are you pre nursing?? I am about to take 3 finals next week. I work 40 hours a week, half at a hospital on my feet and half serving at a restaurant serving on my feet. I am in 13 units of pre nursing (this is my second to last semester thank god!) and I am a single mother to a 3 year old, and I still manage to pull a 4.0! I too should be studying right now but instead I am on here! lol good luck to you! You can do it! p.s. I am in Micro too this semester
- May 19, '12 by VivaLasViejasPsssssst.......hey, I've got some insider information for you: The NLN is a walk in the park. Even though I took it many moons ago, I was only in the middle of my pre-nursing classes---hadn't even taken Nutrition, Micro, or all of A &P yet---I remember going through this very serious, intimidating process (you even had to leave your purse in a locker and be escorted back and forth to the restroom!). I also recall zipping through the various phases of the exam, answering questions and waiting for the test to get harder.
It never did.
Not to boast, but I wound up with the highest score out of all 50-some people who took the test that day. The exams you take in nursing school are harder than the NLN, trust me. If you know the stuff you've already studied, you'll sail through the thing with the greatest of ease. Go for it!!
- May 21, '12 by xInspiredxWhat's the NLN? I've only heard of the TEAS and HESI exams.
Don't stress out, because it will all be worth it in the end!
- hey, thank you for the reply! my exam is in like 3 days now and I'm starting to feel nauseous from being nervous lol the same thing happened a few days before my micro final. I did pretty good this semester, an A-, B+ and a B in micro (maybe a B+ if she curves)
I've heard that the NLN is nothing compared to the nursing exams but I would love to just experience it on my own and actually see how difficult it is but I'm sure I will get through it. All of my friends say, "getting in is the easy part, staying in the program is even harder" but I've worked hard to get here and I think I have the ability to do it.
Last time I took the NLN, the english section was the only reason I didn't get accepted. I got 48% with 23 relative percentile...which wasn't the best score...so now I'm worried about the english again...I've also heard people talking at my school and saying that "a lot of people aren't doing good on the NLN this semester" so we shall see what happens with me. I took all the pre-reqs. All I have left is the second chemistry. principles of chem. 2. other then that, I have all the classes I need to get my bs in nursing
- Achase4848, that's amazing! I don't know how you do it! I guess motivation and dedication plays a huge role with you. that's awesome. My son is 2 years old right now, but I don't work, I just go to school, and I have him in my collage daycare. I don't think I could handle school, work, and a child lol. how did you do in micro? this was my second time taking it (when I took it the first time, my son was like 5 months old and was not the best behaved baby, he'd wake up at 3am, and not go back to sleep until like...7-8am...) I got a D the first time, and averaged out my grades for this semester and came out to a B, hopefully a B+ if she curves! lol
I did all but one (bs pre-req), everything else I took, just need chem. principles 2
well, thank you for the reply! i really appreciate it!
- xInspiredx, the NLN is Nursing Pre-Adimssion Exam.The NLN-PAX will take about 3 hours to complete. One hour for each part.
Science was mix of earth science, anatomy & physiology, chemistry, and I got a lot of physics, the first time I took this exam
There is 80 verbal - which is like vocabs and short stories with 4-5 questions each story, 60 math - algebra, decimals, percentages, a lot of fraction, and 80 science - this was a little bit of everything, from animals, to cells, to chemistry and a lot of physics. There are 20 in each that won't count, but you won't know which ones. You'll get an hour for each section, with a five minute break in between. It is all computerized, and you could go back to any question (in the current section) to check your answers.
- May 26, '12 by ♑ Capricorn ♑No real advice, but just wanted to say good luck to you on your exams. I do remember how stressful the pre-req classes can be. But, when they are over, they are over. And, looking back I often wonder why I was stressed about this and that. Just do the best you can. Excessive worrying is not going to help you.
- Lol, thank you Capricorn for that post. You're very right about that. it won't help me in any way. I'm taking the exam on the 29th like I said and I'll probably know half of the class taking it with me. All my friends, but I feel bad cuz then they compare us to each other, right?