Anybody going crazy still waiting for their Acceptance Letter for Fall 2013?! - page 2
by walke274 2,068 Views | 17 Comments
Hey everyone, I just created an allnurses account today after reading so many great and informative posts from fellow pre-nursing and nursing students!! I am currently a pre-nursing student at Madonna University and I can't... Read More
- 0Quote from learningmomlearningmom, your post was awesome....thanks for the great advice! Reading some of the other posts from students at my program has been a big inspiration for me. I think it's really neat to be able to follow a person from the time they applied to their graduation! I hope to chronicle some of my nursing experiences to perhaps provide the same insight (maybe even inspiration) to other pre-nursing/nursing students. Now, I just need to get accepted.....yes you are not alone~! Hang in there, I feel reading forums here about others experience helps. If you have family try to spend lots of time with them before starting school.
Exercise and eat right before you get in program! Get in shape and drop some extra weight. Start preparing yourself for the educational bootcamp before you in it. Learn great time management skills.
Pick up this book if you can, Study Smarter not Harder. It is helping me alot! You will be an excellent student.
I will definitely check out your book recommendation...I'm always willing for any additional insight to developing better habits and studying techniques!! Thx!!!
- 0Quote from nomadicpixienomadicpixie, congrats on finishing your application!! My due date was January 31, but my school told us to actually get them turned in 2-4 weeks ahead of that due date. SO, I've had mine turned in since December 27th!!! So I'm going on 2 months of waiting, AGHHHH!! Hopefully I will find out earlier than later in March.....Me! I just dropped off my application today (deadline Mar 1) and we won't hear back until about April 1st. I only applied to one school so I really hope I get in. This waiting is going to kill me!
- 0Feb 25, '13 by learningmomI am a Certified Personal Trainer and I encourage all you to condition your body before and during school. Nursing will be like a mission. We are all in this together.
We should train physically and mentally before entering this challenging field. Nursing students are warriors on a path to helping others.
How to we train mentally? Well we surround ourselves with powerful positive things and set a good belief system than enables us instead of disables us.
We will be the advocators of health and fitness might as well live up to our own standards...or attempt.
- 1learningmom, your immediate advice to me to take care of my body and get into healthy habits that will help me once I'm in Nursing school, etc, are like you've been reading my mind! Even though I still do not know if I've been accepted to my BSN program or not, I've been maintaining positive thoughts as if I already have been accepted and have basically planned out how I will spend extra time in my life these months before September rolls around -- beginning healthier habits. From reading a lot of the threads/posts on this website I've become accustomed to thinking that I will not have a lot of free time once I'm in Nursing School....so it is important to develop healthier habits that will feel like second nature during the stressful semesters of Student Nursing.
That is awesome that you are a CPT!! It is so true that we pre-nursing/nursing students need to practice what we preach!
- 0Mar 5, '13 by dsb_famWell I am in the "you are Alternate #5" boat. This means that I waited the agonizing weeks to hear that I might get to go to nursing school if someone else drops out. I just need to wait.....wait.....wait. So here I wait and everytime the phone rings my heart accelerates. Of course I found out that they have 4 who chose not to take their spots. So, I am the next one called for a program that begins in May, if someone else can't make it.
My husband thinks that I should go sit and wait in the nursing department by the secretary so that I can remain up to date with all new information. This is his attempt at humor. So....haha I deal with this stress by cleaning, organizing and I love to run. So I'm doing a half marathon in a month.
- 0Mar 5, '13 by Jlm1206Quote from SARITA101Me to! My future is riding on whether or not I get in! I'm so nervous.I am also waiting to hear back! i'm so nervous, excited and anxious at the same time. Cant wait to find out the outcome, i have all of my futue plans on hold. It all depends if I get in the program or not....