2012-2013 HRSA Nursing Scholarship Application - Page 3Register Today!
- Mar 8, '12 by ericaejDoes anyone know if having bad credit that does not include any federal debt exclude you from applying? I saw that it "may" but was not sure if "may" meant "most definitely will disqualify." I made some mistakes in my past and went through a divorce so my credit is not stellar.
- Mar 8, '12 by JeffCI think the only thing that "bad credit" refers to is any defaulted federal school loans, or anything else federal related to education that you may have had to pay back for some reason. I had 100k or so in bankruptcy due to having had cancer and my health insurance rescinding coverage....they never batted an eyelash at it and still gave me the scholarship.
- Mar 19, '12 by bless1014Hello everyone, I am awaiting the application to open for this year for the HRSA nursing scholarship. Does anyone know if I had to leave school due to financial reasons can I still receive the scholarship if I am able to return once receiving the scholarship? I am really praying this is my answer to my prayers to complete my nursing education
- Mar 20, '12 by futurebsn2bThanks for posting this information - I didn't know about this scholarship until I read your thread. I appreciate it!
- Mar 20, '12 by P B and JQuote from ericaej"Bad" credit definitely does not bar you from receiving the scholarship! I was chosen and didn't know until after my credit was checked that I had been the victim of "mis-identification"... I say that instead of identity theft because the woman had the same first and last names as myself, and our SSNs were only one number off! It took until last month to get all of the debt removed (and there was A LOT, she even owed fines to several local sheriff depts for time she spent there!!!).Does anyone know if having bad credit that does not include any federal debt exclude you from applying? I saw that it "may" but was not sure if "may" meant "most definitely will disqualify." I made some mistakes in my past and went through a divorce so my credit is not stellar.
So no, bad credit will not kill you, all they are looking for is Federal debt that hasn't been reconciled.
Best of luck to all of you!
- Mar 27, '12 by telma09I just got an email saying the application prd is open!
- Mar 27, '12 by jtboog2003They have cut down the amount of time to complete the application significantly from last year. Last year it started around March 1 and they had until about July 1. We have a little over a month this year. Guess they are trying to weed out people even more now.
- Mar 27, '12 by kevsgirl1The scholarship is open! I am wondering how you guys are going to do your transcripts. I have a previous bachelor degree and have some not so great grades. My GPA for my nursing degree is very high though. I was thinking I would send my transcript with only nursing degree classes. What do you guys think?
- Mar 27, '12 by sdlaneWow ! Love the advice here for NSP.
- Mar 27, '12 by JeffCI think (check to be sure!) that last year you were ineligible if you already had a bachelors degree... but again, check to be sure!
Good luck to everyone!