2012-2013 HRSA Nursing Scholarship Application - page 3
The application process hasn't even started yet but I didn't even find out about last year's scholarship until a couple days before the deadline. I did get my application in on time but was not fortunate enough to be a recipient.... Read More
- 0Mar 8, '12 by ericaejDoes anyone know if having bad credit that does not include any federal debt exclude you from applying? I saw that it "may" but was not sure if "may" meant "most definitely will disqualify." I made some mistakes in my past and went through a divorce so my credit is not stellar.
- 1Mar 8, '12 by JeffCI think the only thing that "bad credit" refers to is any defaulted federal school loans, or anything else federal related to education that you may have had to pay back for some reason. I had 100k or so in bankruptcy due to having had cancer and my health insurance rescinding coverage....they never batted an eyelash at it and still gave me the scholarship.
- 0Mar 19, '12 by bless1014Hello everyone, I am awaiting the application to open for this year for the HRSA nursing scholarship. Does anyone know if I had to leave school due to financial reasons can I still receive the scholarship if I am able to return once receiving the scholarship? I am really praying this is my answer to my prayers to complete my nursing education
- 0Mar 20, '12 by P B and JQuote from ericaej"Bad" credit definitely does not bar you from receiving the scholarship! I was chosen and didn't know until after my credit was checked that I had been the victim of "mis-identification"... I say that instead of identity theft because the woman had the same first and last names as myself, and our SSNs were only one number off! It took until last month to get all of the debt removed (and there was A LOT, she even owed fines to several local sheriff depts for time she spent there!!!).Does anyone know if having bad credit that does not include any federal debt exclude you from applying? I saw that it "may" but was not sure if "may" meant "most definitely will disqualify." I made some mistakes in my past and went through a divorce so my credit is not stellar.
So no, bad credit will not kill you, all they are looking for is Federal debt that hasn't been reconciled.
Best of luck to all of you!
- 0Mar 27, '12 by kevsgirl1The scholarship is open! I am wondering how you guys are going to do your transcripts. I have a previous bachelor degree and have some not so great grades. My GPA for my nursing degree is very high though. I was thinking I would send my transcript with only nursing degree classes. What do you guys think?