2012-2013 HRSA Nursing Scholarship Application - page 10
by WARNstudent 172,275 Views | 739 Comments
The application process hasn't even started yet but I didn't even find out about last year's scholarship until a couple days before the deadline. I did get my application in on time but was not fortunate enough to be a recipient.... Read More
- 0Apr 11, '12 by Mzungu10My only question is if they consider the amount of school fees and tuition for the school you are attending. I will be going to New York University starting in the Fall, but I think I remember being told that they fund state schools and community college applicants first and expensive private schools last.
Otherwise, I believe I have a very good chance of getting this scholarship and plan on working in a public hospital once I graduate anyway, so I might as well get funding for school.
- 0Apr 11, '12 by ginaw623What do you do if your program is a spring semester start? I am applying for an accelerated BSN that starts January and goes for a year...Which scholarship cohort do you apply for? Because I cannot apply by May 8th since I won't get an acceptance letter by then. But if I wait til next May 8th I'll be in the second semester of my program!? Do they back pay?
- 0Apr 11, '12 by kevsgirl1You are not eligible for this year because you start after september. You can apply for next year, but they will only pay for classes after Spring semester. They only pay for summer if everyone in your program is required to take the classes, which I am assuming they are since it is accelerated. So it looks like you would only get them to cover your summer tuition, fees, living stipend, etc...
- 0Apr 13, '12 by X-Nurse14Everyone that has at least started the application process for the NSP 2012-2013 cycle should have received the e-mail, but this is just a friendly reminder:
Please join the Nursing Scholarship Program (NSP) for a webinar this Friday, April 13, at 1:00 p.m. ETto review the 2012 NSP application process and program guidance. The webinar will cover 2012 program modifications.
If you are unable to attend and have questions feel free to ask and hopefully those that were able to can answer as best as possible to help each other out!
- 0Apr 13, '12 by X-Nurse14Quote from kevsgirl1They had a Power Point presentation that reviewed the program information, which is available in the program guide. After the presentation, they answered questions submitted by those attending the webinar.I wasn't able to attend. Was there much useful information?
They said the PPT presentation and Q&A will be posted for everyone within a week.
Overall, it was helpful but unfortunately not all the questions submitted could be answered as I'm sure they were bombarded, but they did encourage e-mail and/or calling the help line if you had any unanswered questions.
- 0Apr 14, '12 by MadrasSo upset I missed the webinar. Was'nt able to login because the room was full already. Anyone applying that lives in NY 5 boroughs and Long Island. I was looking into what kind of facilities you can fulfill your 2 years with and theres not too many hospitals in the list. Seems like alot of non profit organization run clinics. Anyone worried about getting the scholarships funds and not being able to find the job to fulfill the service agrrement. Thats my big concern now!!
- 0Apr 14, '12 by X-Nurse14Quote from cecixliso upset i missed the webinar. was'nt able to login because the room was full already. anyone applying that lives in ny 5 boroughs and long island. i was looking into what kind of facilities you can fulfill your 2 years with and theres not too many hospitals in the list. seems like alot of non profit organization run clinics. anyone worried about getting the scholarships funds and not being able to find the job to fulfill the service agrrement. thats my big concern now!!
if you are unable to find a job after the 6 month period following graduation, they will assist you in finding somewhere to work. unfortunately, they did say many recipients have had to relocate. when it's all said and done.. this scholarship is a huge commitment and obligation.