Trying to find dnp programRegister Today!
- by Camwill Jul 5, '12I am trying to research dnp programs in California. I will finish with my msn np around 2017 but I cannot find that many programs around San Francisco.
- Jul 6, '12 by juan de la cruzThere aren't many in California. I think the issue is that the state funded institutions such as UC have budgetary restrictions to starting new degrees. I heard the CSU institutions was approved to start offering them but that news has been out for a while and still no CSU campus have announced a DNP program. As of now, all DNP programs in California are offered by private institutions. San Francisco only has one program at USF. Sam Merritt in Oakland might actually have one.
- Jul 6, '12 by CamwillThank you very much I need that information. Hope they have something in the future
- Jul 9, '12 by UVA Grad NursingI think a lot will depend on the budget from Sacramento. New programs generally require additional faculty. When my University was developing our DNP in 2006, we were assured additional faculty lines. 6 years later not only have there been no additional faculty but budgets have been cut by 20%. California's state higher education budgets have been even more impacted.
- Jul 9, '12 by CamwillI am looking at ASU or the university of Arizona. If I can't find one close to me when we move to California. Thanks for the information
- Jan 3 by xInspiredxI've only found Samuel Merritt and USF in California.
Does anyone know of any recent information on whether or not there will be new programs available at other schools?