Seattle U - APNI 2013 - page 15
Hello everyone - this is my second time applying. A month ago, I bombed the interview! If this is your first time applying, there's a world of information from previous years, especially from the 2012 thread where we reached... Read More
- 0Those look like great resources icelind.
I agree that debt can be overwhelming, especially if you look at the lump sum amount. But, education these days is so expensive anywhere. My brother in law just graduated from medical school a year and a half ago and his debt is far more than ours would be. Med school, law school, any other grad school... all expensive. I just keep reminding myself that it is what I truly want to do - that it is what I've worked so hard for over the past few years. The cost of attendance is the bitter pill that we must swallow, but there will be great rewards as professionals in this field.
Friday, Saturday, and yesterday I was doing very well will not stalking my email. Today, I am not being so successful in avoiding the temptation. Fingers crossed that we will hear something this afternoon.
- 0Thanks for all the resources, everyone!
The whole thing about the debt for my situation is that I have 3 kids so I couldn't be so aggressive about paying everything down. Now that I will go (if I get called!) back to school, can you imagine child care for 3? I was thinking about an au pair, it's the most affordable option since I have two really young kids and also peace of mind. But even that is expensive. Ugh! Husband already said that we will be ok in the end of this but I am so nervous. Then when we finish I will have a huge loan payment plus child care, LOL.
Vivealegre, I am happy you "live happy", because I will probably need to borrow some of that in times of despair hahaha Cool about you being from here. I've been living here for the past 11 years and I feel Seattelite at heart.
- 0Hawaii, I'm right there with you. In fact, I was good this whole time. I had to forget about this whole process for an year so it was easy not to think so much about this the past few weeks and months.
But today was my absolute "limit" in terms of being blasť about this. I have this imaginary date that there was no way they would pass, and that day was today.
Everytime I get an allnurses email notification my heart sinks because I think someone got the email and I obviously didn't!
Let's close our eyes, visualize the color blue and breathe.
- 0Calinca - I agree with your sentiment. I am becoming more and more apprehensive. The one thing that gives me hope is that salinn emailed yesterday and they said they hadn't sent them out yet. Keep that in mind. It has given me some semblance of sanity since I read it. The bad part now is that flights to Seattle will be too expensive to interview in person. I have been to SU campus several times and have family in Seattle, but since I am not there now, I may need to do the phone interview. Flights are ticking up drastically by the day.
Icelind- chills are no fun. I don't have the chills, but I do have a knot forming in my stomach. I don't think I got that from my next-door coworker but believe me, I understand. If no one has heard from them by this evening, I think I will have a myocardial infarction. (I'm only slightly kidding)
- 0Unfortunately, I also am preparing myself for the possibility that because I have applied to the FNP track (as well as a few others of us on here - I know you are also FNP track icelind), we may not know for a day or two after the other emails go out. That has been the case in the past couple of years according to the comments on here in 2011 and 2012. But - sure hope that isn't the case!