Seattle U - APNI 2013 - Page 12Register Today!
- Feb 6 by salinnLast year there were over 350 applicants and the trend has been that each year there are more applicants than the past year. I haven't heard anything back about interviews yet. I think it will likely be next week that we hear something. I applied to 7 direct entry programs this year. To me, it seems like most applicants GPAs and GRE scores are all relatively similar. The real differentiator ends up being what you've done outside of school, your personal statement, and how you might be a good fit with a particular school's program and why.
- Thanks salinn. Have you been accepted into any other programs? I applied to three total, have already been accepted to one, but Seattle U is BY FAR my top choice for so many reasons. I am hoping we may have some movement this week. I would much prefer to interview in person, but because I am coming from so far away, if I don't have a long enough lead time, airfare will be prohibitive.
- Feb 6 by salinnYes I have been accepted to one other program as well. I always thought that in-person interviews were better but now I've done Skype, phone, and in person interviews for school and it's really just about the connection between you and your interviewer. My phone interviews were fantastic. Maybe I was more comfortable because I wasn't worried about extraneous details and felt more relaxed or maybe it was just the conversation. Either way, if you can't make it in-person, i don't believe it will detract from your chances of getting accepted.
- So, maybe is shouldn't worry as much about being present in-person. That wood take a lot of pressure off - not necessarily because of the interview, but because of the travel/time/expense.
- Also, thank you (salinn) for posting the interview question ideas. That's was very helpful!
- Feb 7 by icelindIs anyone else losing their minds waiting? I've been checking this website and my email multiple times a day just waiting to see if I receive an interview invite...
- I am definitely in the same boat. It's not a fun boat to be in. :-/. I would think that emails would go out this week. If they wait until next week, that puts notifications up against when interviews are slated to start.
- I was also going to ask if anyone on here is paying attention to the Facebook page. I deactivated my Facebook account two years ago so I don't have access. Anyone receive emails in that group yet?
- Feb 7 by CalincaLast year, they sent the email two saturdays before the first day of interview which this year is the 23, so I'm shooting for this saturday! Who knows really, but at least I'm not so crazy.. yet.
- Thanks Calinca,
I'm glad you're "not so crazy...yet." I am starting to feel like a pressure cooker. I think that waiting to hear on the interview is going to be harder than waiting on admission letters. Maybe not... but I know that I am feeling very nervous now.