January 2012 Barry University CRNA program - Page 7Register Today!
- Aug 20, '11 by CriticalAnesthesiaRNAlso, what exactly do you mean by "you get ur a** handed to you?
- Aug 20, '11 by fyraceWhat I mean is that there is so much work in this program when you start full time, you will be busting your butt and have no time. A very hard program and I was told taking the headstart helps.
- Sep 9, '11 by BurnshdpI have applied to Barry's CRNA program for Spring 2013! Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can make my application strong and standout! I work in the BICU currently and will have 1.5 yrs of experience!
- Oct 3, '11 by fyraceBasic stuff. Good GRE, good experience, good grades, hone your interview skills. Get advanced chem under your belt, shadow several times. If you have time, some recommend getting graduate level courses and get good grades as that shows you can do harder classes, however you cannot transfer these grad courses. Barry's program is a science based program, not a nursing based program, so if you can work your way through organic I/II and biochem, you will have a better shot. Do better than a 1000 on your GRE. Get some good LORs, CRNA/MDA a must...etc.
You can prob look around more and find other suggestions, but those are some of the basics.
- Oct 23, '11 by fyraceSounds great! I know a couple of us so far. PM me. Are you in the headstart program? There are a couple of us in the headstart and just met some at the FANA mtg this weekend. Getting close to really getting started.
- Oct 23, '11 by MT_RNI can't PM yet. I am in the Head Start program, and glad to be taking these classes ahead of time. I was hoping to get some info. about the Orlando area. I am moving from Montana, and don't know much about Orlando. Is there a way I can email you?
- Nov 3, '11 by pchs052010Good Luck guys! I will be hoping to get in by the yr 2015. I will take chem classess Jan of 2012 to start it up.
- Nov 3, '11 by fyraceMTRN,
Not sure if you can read PMs but just sent you one with my email.
- Nov 4, '11 by pchs052010GUYS! did you take organic chemistry/ biochemistry to get into the barry CRNA program????