Books r/t CRNA?Register Today!
- by LJ85 Aug 4, '12Hello All,
I would like to educate myself more on the job of a CRNA, any suggestions? I will be starting RN school in May 2013 (current LPN) and I plan on trying to get my foot in the door ASAP in critical care.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=767011©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 711 Views
- Aug 5, '12 by gwapoShadow CRNAs. That, i think, will be better than reading any book.
- Aug 5, '12 by ahSICURNIn addition to shadowing a CRNA while in my RN clinicals (don't be afraid to ask!) I started looking on the AANA (American Association of Nurse Anesthetists) website. You can research programs and start to familiarize yourself with admission requirements, lengths of programs, etc and this way you can make sure you fulfill future program requirements while you are still in RN school (certain science grades are often required as well as some programs require statistics). There are a lot of articles and helpful information there, as well as in these message boards.
It can be difficult to get into an ICU these days, especially as a new grad. I worked as a nurse's aid during RN school and made connections that helped me land an ICU RN job as a new grad. Some of my friends had a much more difficult time finding critical care jobs.
Good luck to you! Hope this helps :spin:
- Aug 5, '12 by WolfpackRed"Watchful Care" by Marianne Bankert would be a good start.
Also any book from here: Books
- Aug 8, '12 by LJ85Thanks guys!