Any applicants to Florida Gulf Coast University? - Page 5Register Today!
- Jul 18, '12 by RN2784I'll pick up an apartment guide and look in the paper. I live really close to campus. There may be houses for rent around here too. Any specific things you're looking for? If you find something that you would like me to check out for you just say the word! Let me drive by a couple places I have in mind and I'll give you some info tonight or tomorrow.
- Jul 18, '12 by ufblondiRn_es, which one were you at the interview? Trying to put names with faces.
On a side note, received a letter from the school dated july 9 that my app was complete and sent to be reviewed, lmao. It made me laugh considering i received my acceptance letter the same day
- Jul 18, '12 by ufblondiWhoops, should be a not a !!!
- Jul 19, '12 by registerk1Does anyone know of any neighborhoods nearby with houses to rent? I have 2 dogs and am looking for a yard for them.
- Jul 20, '12 by rn_es123Scubaklly - Thank you! I am mostly concerned with safety. Close to campus would be nice as well.
Ufblondi - I was the one from Kansas City, MO. I was one of the last to interview (If you happened to be there towards the end).
- Jul 22, '12 by RN2784Well here are some places that I think look nice. I have at least seen the complexes on all of these and know the areas. I have not been in all of the apartments though and most of these are gated so I can't really drive through the community, unfortunately. Here's a list with some phone numbers to get you started:
Palms of Monterrey 239-204-4836 - This is very close to my work and is probably 15 minutes from campus. Looks very nice from the outside.
Ashlar Apartment Homes 239-244-8044 - This is closer to school, probably closer to 10 minutes at the most I would say. Very close to the other hospital I work at, which we will have some rotations at also. Near a busy area. I think it's right by a really nice bike trail if I remember correctly.
Salamanca Ponite 239-244-8103 - This is probably 20 minutes from campus. My husband and I lived here when we first moved down to Florida. Nice pool and not a huge complex so you don't have to share it with a ton of people. The parking lots in some spots tend to flood really bad however so be careful which apartment you pick. Very close to the fire station I think so there were lots of fire trucks it seemed like. Apartments are cute however and you can get a townhouse. They definitely take pets and the whole community is pet friendly.
The Promenade at Reflection Lakes 239-244-8011 - This also looks nice from the outside. Probably less than 10 minutes from 2 of the hospitals we will have rotations. 15 minutes from school.
Bay Harbor Apartments (239) 454-3344 - My friend lived here. Very cute. He used to bike ride to the beach (about 7 miles one way). One of my favorite areas of Fort Myers but not as close to campus. I know they take dogs. The apartments are very spacious and nice. I would recommend a unit close to the back of the complex, which butts up onto a protected wetland area. Kinda further from school however. This would be at least 20 minutes to campus but is maybe 5 minutes from the hospital I mostly work at.
I'll try to come up with some more options which are closer to school but just thought I would give you some stuff to look at.
I hope this will help some!
- Jul 22, '12 by RN2784Registerk1 - Hi! I was sitting next to you the whole interview. Congrats on getting in! The neighborhood I live in is called San Carlos Park and is very close to school. I could ride my bike if it wasn't so blasted hot down here! It's kind of a middle class type neighborhood with good and bad areas, just like anywhere. Three Oaks area is also close and is probably a little more upscale. Not as many individual homes for rent there though. It's mostly condos and townhouse communities. If you didn't mind being a little farther from campus you could also extend your search to Estero. I'll look around too and see if I can find any ideas for you. I'll also message you my email address.
- Aug 1, '12 by registerk1I thought that might be you! Congratulations to you as well! If you remember my name, can you try to find me on FB? I haven't posted enough on here for them to let me send private messages.
- Aug 2, '12 by RN2784registerk1,
I do remember your name and found your profile. I think you may have your privacy settings adjusted so I don't get a link to add you as a friend however. I will private message my FB name that you can find me under. It's under my maiden name...
- Aug 13, '12 by RN2784Hi guys. There's a house around the corner from me for rent. It's adorable on the outside. Very nice part of the neighborhood. If anyone is interested I'll give you the phone number.