Yale GEPN Applicants 2013 - Page 7Register Today!
- Nov 2, '12 by RVLyThat is so helpful! Thanks Sue
- Nov 6, '12 by dn26Hi everyone! So I sent in my recommendations and transcript in the single packet as instructed, and on the application website it's showing that they have received everything except one of my recommendations. It's really frustrating since I know I sent all three of my LORs in the same packet and it would be really strange if the admissions office received just two... Has anybody experienced anything of this sort yet? I emailed the office, but received the generic reply that everything is still being processed and all materials will be updated by the end of the week. I'm kind of not wanting to call their office and freak out just yet, but it's so nerve-wracking to not know what happened to the last LOR. Have all of you guys gotten in your materials already and your checklist completed? Would much appreciate any suggestions or advice on how to deal with this...
Thanks so much and hope everyone's having a great week!
- Nov 6, '12 by hi616dn26,
That is definitely nerveracking, but maybe you can call and ask if they can let your recommender submit a second copy online just in case. That way you don't need to wait until the end of the week to know if it definitely did or did not get there and have any additional delays. Just a thought. Good luck, hopefully it turns up!
- Nov 6, '12 by dn26Thanks hi616, I'll ask my recommender to do that - it's just so weird when you know it's there somewhere and yet it isn't.... oh well. Btw if you don't mind me asking, what specialty are you applying for? I'm applying for the Pediatric NP, and I have no idea how competitive it is, or anybody else who is applying to it on these forums. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best!
- Nov 7, '12 by adt913Hi hihi! I applied to the pediatric np program too and like you, have no idea how competitive it is/how competitive I am as an applicant. I hope we both get in!!!
- Nov 7, '12 by dn26I hope so too adt!! All the best and good luck until we hear back from them about the interviews!!
- Nov 7, '12 by hi616dn26,
I'm applying to the FNP program, and I also have no idea how competitive it is and especially NO idea if I am a competitive application. I guess we'll find out eventually!
- Nov 7, '12 by steve21021hi616,
I also am trying for FNP. Best of luck to you my friend. I would expect it to be fairly competitive given that the FNP program is ranked in the top 10 in the nation.
- Nov 9, '12 by atomicgirlI wanted to provide some info that I have received regarding interviews. The admissions director mentioned that interview dates will be Jan 17, 18, 24, and 25 and interview decisions will be released by Dec 15. Good luck everyone! I hope we all get in!
- Nov 9, '12 by hi616atomicgirl,
Thanks for that info! It's going to feel like a long wait, but at least it's nice knowing when we should be hearing about it. I saw in a post (I can't remember if it's on this board or on another board) that about 200 out of the usual 400 applicants get interviews? I think if we can at least get an interview our chances are pretty good!
Good luck to you as well. I didn't realize that the FNP program is in the top 10. I knew Yale was ranked very high (Obviously, it's Yale, haha) but was having trouble finding info about specific specialties and where they rank. Good to know, thanks.