Western Health Sciences - Direct Entry MSN - Fall 2013 - Page 8Register Today!
- Nov 29, '12 by lithiumpinkAlso, did anyone find out the volume of applications received?
- Nov 29, '12 by BlueEyes85Lithiumpink, we didn't hear anything until jan/feb last application cycle. I'm assuming it'll be the same this year...?? Also, I don't know how many apps were received this cycle but they did recieve 400-500 last cycle. A little more then 50 (?) we're accepted for the 2012 cohort.
- Nov 29, '12 by lithiumpinkOh okay, thank you. I was just curious since the deadline was earlier this year and they stopped using NursingCAS for this cycle. I even tried calling them and just went straight to voicemail because they mentioned a high volume of applications :X
- Nov 29, '12 by BlueEyes85I've also been hoping that maybe (fingers crossed!) we'll hear earlier this year because, like you said, we had an earlier deadline and we didn't have to use nursing cas!
- Nov 29, '12 by mochikatThe westernu website should have information about preview day. I don't think I can post a link on allnurses. During your breakout session, there will be a Q&A opportunity with us where anyone from the group of visiting prospective students can ask questions. However, I definitely encourage you to come to the NSNA table earlier in the morning before breakout happens because we will be able to answer questions more one on one, especially if you don't feel comfortable asking questions with the entire group in the lecture hall. I hope to see some of you there.
To answer a few questions to relieve some anxiety: Towards the end of Dec/early Jan, the early acceptance people found out. Those individuals meet with the staff on a separate day to learn more about the program in lieu of an interview. I was invited to interview sometime in early January and I was part of the first few groups on the week of January 19th. I believe the school had a second round of interviews done in late Jan/early feb and another round in late Feb/early March. (Maseca, please correct me if I'm wrong).
- Nov 30, '12 by MasecaYou're right mochikat. Also, our class wound up being almost 60 people. Not sure if they are planning that many in the next cohort, but it seems likely.
- Dec 1, '12 by sonjaxloveHi all,
I'm in the current cohort along with mochikat & maesca Looking forward to meeting prospective students tomorrow at Preview Day! Look out for the College of Graduate Nursing/NSNA table!
I interviewed mid-February so don't fret about getting the later interview. A few of us from that interview weekend got accepted too
- Dec 1, '12 by lithiumpinkWas anyone able to make it to the preview day today? Anyone find out anything about this years cohort?
- Dec 2, '12 by lithiumpinkIt's December! W00t W00t ready for the holidays!
- Dec 2, '12 by lithiumpinkBrrrr it's so cold down here in Southern California. Hope I don't have any midwesterners or east coasters that will scold me for being whiny :P