University of South Alabama MSN/BSN-DNP Psych NP 2012Register Today!
- by lildrekie Aug 7, '11Anyone applied to and/or have heard from the University of South Alabama Psych NP for Masters or BSN-DNP online for Spring 2012?
Anyone with experience with this program and would like to share info, network, etc. Please respond. Thank you
- Aug 13, '11 by LPN2RN2BSN2MSNGood luck. I plan to apply in January 2012 for the summer and the fall 2012 to give myself a greater chance to get accepted. Please keep us abreast of your progress. Have you heard anything about the program from others? Do they do a good job of finding you clinical sites to complete your hours or do you have to find your own? Look forward to hearing from you.
- Aug 17, '11 by lildrekieI'm trying to network to see what others have to say. I have applied to both the MSN and BSN-to-DNP psych for January 2012 via NursingCAS. I'm waiting to hear back and will keep you posted on whether I get accepted or not and if yes, what the program entails.
- Aug 19, '11 by Nelly, FNPHello All,
Good luck with your application lildrekie! I am also interested in this program. I applied and was accepted for the fall of 2010 but couldnt enroll due to the type of job I had at the time (I wouldn't have the days off I needed for clinicals). I look forward to your responses. Im thinking of reapplying for the fall of next year!! Hey the deadline for the spring class isnt until September 1st right?
- Aug 21, '11 by lildrekiethat's correct. Congrats on your previous acceptance! I will post here if I get accepted or not. I'm still waiting to hear back ((death)), lol. I'll be in touch!
- Sep 4, '11 by corporalThanks for starting this group. I also applied for the Spring 2012 entry for BSN-DNP Psych and I'm waiting for Sept 15. I know it's not easy to wait but it's 11 days away ... I keep myself busy so I don't have to think about it so much. I presented a non-nursing BS + Post BS Certificate in lieu of the BSN and I hope I get accepted...:spin::spin:
- Sep 4, '11 by lildrekieCorporal,
What is suppose to occur on September 15th? Just curious...I hope u do get in. It appears the curriculum is going to be intense. I applied to both the MSN & the BSN-DNP program at USA but recently found out I was accepted into the University of Cincinnati's MSN Psych program starting in Jan. 2012. If I do get into one of these, I'm really gonna have to ask God for favor to help be go to the right place. I'll def. keep you posted on my status. I presented a non-nursing B.A., an ASN, and a BSN and hope I get in too! Good luck to ya!
- Sep 4, '11 by corporalHi lildrekie,
Sept 15 is when decision letters will start going out from USA. I also tried Uni. of Cin. but they said I need to have a BSN, which I don't have. I think it depends on where u live at - employers in the Northeast will probably be more familiar with U of Cin than USA, etc... Good luck to u too! Keeping my fingers crossed...
- Sep 7, '11 by myblkcatI also applied to the BSN-DNP ACNP Cardiovascular specialty. I thought I'd missed the deadline because some of my paperwork did not make the deadline but was informed that I still had time so I'm eagerly awaiting Sept 15 as well. In the meantime, has anyone heard any other feedback on the program? What to expect? Good? Bad? Ugly?
Good luck! Fingers crossed!
- Sep 7, '11 by BrandybunsRNQuote from myblkcatI also applied to the BSN-DNP ACNP Cardiovascular specialty. I thought I'd missed the deadline because some of my paperwork did not make the deadline but was informed that I still had time so I'm eagerly awaiting Sept 15 as well. In the meantime, has anyone heard any other feedback on the program? What to expect? Good? Bad? Ugly?
Good luck! Fingers crossed!
I have applied to the same track: BSN-DNP ACNP Cardiovascular specialty..... so here's hoping we both get in! I'm trying to be casual and not stare at the calendar too hard.... but it's been a long time since I applied to a school and waited for an acceptance letter like this!
I have also tried to learn a bit about this program, but I've had a hard time getting solid feedback from anyone. There have been a few here in the forums that have commented on the FNP track (hard, intense, not a lot of instructions, trying to weed people out, too many students per instructor, etc for negatives) but they all comment that the ACNP program is structures much better and seems to be a good program. I'm currently working full-time and will have to continue to do so through school... so the 4 year program is what I will have to do. I just hope it will be somewhat manageable between work and school (assuming I get in of course. What's the date again today? Argh!)