University of South Alabama MSN/BSN-DNP Psych NP 2012 - Page 6Register Today!
- Apr 24, '12 by hockeychickrrnAre you sure we don't have to travel to campus? I thought that the online day was going to be an additional requirement on top of the 3 day visit to campus.
- Apr 24, '12 by rachelaleanRN2BI'm in the ENP program so I can't speak for anyone else's program, but the DNP advisor responded to my email by saying follow the admission packet instructions exactly and the campus requirement had recently been changed to an online webinar. She also said we will be receiving more information about the program and other requirements in the mail. I would email them to clarify for your specific program. I don't want to tell anyone the wrong thing
- Apr 25, '12 by CassBI will be taking classes part-time. I plan on working full-time...plus I have a 6-month old at home too...what am I getting myself into? lol How about you, nf0772?
- Apr 25, '12 by jdanruckI will be in the part-time DNP/FNP. Excited to get started! I didn't know about the webinar. I get it, but it will be sad to not see anyone face to face.
- May 1, '12 by Starchaser23I was accepted to DNP program at UAB and USA for fall 2012 entry, any advices/thoughts on which school I should go for? There seems to be a lot of posts about USA but not UAB. Thanks
- May 2, '12 by jdanruckQUESTION: Has anyone seen the schedule for the BSN-DNP? It looks like we have the option (if you're FNP) to do the MSD subspecialty (which is a diabetes and metabolic syndrome specialty). I am personally excited about this because I want to work in as an endo when I get out, and I am currently going after my CDE cert. Is anyone else aware of this? Has anyone been through this program before?
- May 6, '12 by tiff3058I got accepted too except I will be in the post master's to FPMHNP DNP program and luckily the orientation is now online so that will save me a trip. I am registering for my clinical course this summer. As someone posted earlier, the paperwork is great. Trying to get my acceptance package completed this week for submission. Good luck to all and thanks for the helpful advice. Nurses supporting each other is SO critical .
- May 10, '12 by jdanruckJust got my acceptance packet in and an email stating I have it completed. I have yet to receive my email address, but it seems like everything is progressing quite well!
- May 23, '12 by nf0772Hey CassB!
I'm also working full-time...no little ones at the moment, though. I'm having trouble deciding between the full-time and the part-time track. I'm hesitant to pursue the full-time track...just don't want to bite off more than I can chew. Yet the idea of finishing up in 3 years is somewhat appealing. It's a tough decision =/
Anyway...glad to see some more folks on here that were accepted into the program! Congrats to all!
I have to agree with jdanruck...the webinar seems nice, but I still would have enjoyed meeting everyone face-to-face.
Hopefully, we can all tackle this together. Look forward to hearing more from you all soon.
- May 28, '12 by y.romaAnyone applied to the master's program for psych at USA, starting in the Fall? Anxiously awaiting and curious to hear if anyone as heard a word either way...?