UIC GEP 2013 - Page 21Register Today!
- May 2, '12 by Meggie1982Got accepted to women's health!!! Any one else in women's health/midwifery? Congratulations everyone!!
- May 2, '12 by jameeseI got accepted to FNP! Never cried tears of joy until today!
- May 3, '12 by Ageli got intoprimary adult/geriatrics!
- May 3, '12 by Holdsteady11I got accepted for Perinatal CNS!!!! I can't wait. I am absolutely thrilled!!!!
- May 3, '12 by gshearI got denied for the ACNP. It doesn't even say anything about being wait listed or anything but I had an interview so I'd assumed at very least I'd be wait listed. I'm devastated, I don't know what im going to do.. I'm missing a pre-req for the Rush & Depaul programs (Never took Orgo LAB and you now need those before you can even apply). Did those of you that got wait-listed actually say in the letter that you were wait listed? Is anyone who got accepted ACNP thinking about going to Rush or Depaul instead?
It's hard to hold back the tears after waiting so long
- I was wait listed at UIC, and everywhere else I applied to.. I think it's because I still have one or two more per-requisite courses to finish and that I've been teaching subjects unrelated to health sciences abroad for the last two years.
Looks like the long road home is going to include at least a year of taking per-requisite courses, volunteering. Back to doing web design and marketing again as well....
I've heard from many people that taking all the premedical courses really helps boost the application so that's where I'm headed for this coming year, anyone else on the same path?
I'll kind of hoping some of you guys that were accepted choose the program at RUSH instead
Hey, I totally understand how you feel about that and if it's any consolation, I feel like my also feel denied even though I was put on the wait list for ACNP. I've also heard many ACNP programs are currently stacked with high quality applicants, so it must have been close for everyone.
I still have per-requisite courses to take (including Organic I and II, Anatomy II, which I take this coming fall). After talking with my friends who work in admissions at several health science programs across the U.S., they all told me having the per-requisites done before is almost a necessity for applicant today..
We did receive an official letter about the wait list, but I have to treat it like a rejection letter.
Maybe we will be in the same class if you apply again for 2014, hope you nail your per-requisite courses as well- I know that's what I will be doing...Last edit by Jstrevy on May 3, '12 : Reason: @gshear
- *duplicateLast edit by Jstrevy on May 3, '12 : Reason: duplicate
- May 3, '12 by tgerlHi everyone! I found out last night that I was accepted for the PMH program! Very excited to get started and meet my fellow classmates. I will be relocated from NY to Chicago and as the time to move approaches I will probably be asking for a lot of help/advice. Congrats to everyone else who has been accepted! To those who were not accepted or wait listed, DO NOT lose hope. This is my second year applying to schools. It's been a LONG time coming. But it's all worth it if this is truly what you want for yourself!
- May 3, '12 by MsSkye20As tgerl said, to those waitlisted or denied admission, DO NOT GIVE UP! This is my second time applying to GEP. Last year I made it to interviews and was denied. I was devastated and it totally redirected my life. I received advice on how to improve my application and profile then decided I'd try again. Last night I received notification of acceptance and it can happen for you too!
Congrats to all admitted. I'll be entering the Advanced Community Health Nurse Specialist program. Can't wait to meet everyone.
Oh and has anyone not taken the research class? If not, where do you plan on taking it?