Summer Entry 2013 Accelerated BSN/MSN Johns Hopkins - Page 8Register Today!
- Dec 15, '12 by FingersCross'dJust out of curiosity, are any of the people who have received admissions decisions applicants that applied regular decision? I applied regular decision and interviewed 6 weeks ago and I'm trying to figure out if I haven't heard anything yet because I am only regular decision or if I just didn't get in.
Haha- oohhh the things we applicants fret over when decision time comes around!!
- Dec 15, '12 by AdhirThat's fine I am planning to withdraw anyway..But I didn't know about the binding because they didn't tell me over the phone. Also Columbia has an ED thing too, but they don't bind you in any sort of contract, so I was thinking it's the same thing. I am def going to hopkins considering I could actually start making money 6 months prior and will start paying back the loans lol.
- Dec 15, '12 by izziebooDoes anyone know if they interview all applicants to the ABSN-MSN program (early decision)?
- Dec 15, '12 by salinnYes I believe everyone is interviewed.
- Dec 15, '12 by izzieboo@salinn Thanks. So in that case I'm not sure what to make of my application status. I applied to ABSN-MSN early decision, though my online application status wasn't updated to complete until December 10 (despite all materials submitted by the ED deadline). And, I have not had an interview.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
- Dec 15, '12 by hopefulnurse24FingersCross'd, I am 99.9% positive that RD applicants have not received decisions yet! So hang tight
Adhir, yes, it is binding. Here are the regulations regarding it - I called the admissions office previously to see if this was the case for nursing as well, and they said yes and that by checking that box on the application, that you understood the terms of the agreement: Johns Hopkins University Office of Undergraduate Admissions - Apply - Frequently Asked Questions - Early Decision
izzieboo, I have no idea if everyone is interviewed. I honestly am not sure because that isn't something they advertise the statistics for. You'd have to contact the school and see. I think that is all just hearsay. I'm not early decision and I received my interview invitation in October.
- Dec 16, '12 by AdhirYa I read. Like I said I am going there 100%. Hopefulnurse- your first choice is duke though right?
People who are accepted..does anyone know what's the safest and closest place to live around johns hopkins nursing?
- Dec 16, '12 by hopefulnurse24I thought it was Duke but after visiting Penn and seeing how much I liked it, I decided I want to see all of the schools before coming to a decision (if accepted).
- Dec 16, '12 by Adhirya penn is really nice..I applied there too, had a phone interview. How's the jhu campus? I have never been. My cousin goes to penn so i know how that is. JHU was my first choice just because it has the same reputation and ill finish earlier...But now I am kind of nervous about the financial aid package from jhu.
- Dec 16, '12 by hopefulnurse24I haven't been to the JHU campus yet, I did a phone interview. If I get in though, I'm probably going to go up for the day and look around so I can get a feel for everything and see how I like the campus. A lot depends on financial aid, just like for you.
This is random, but why did you opt for a phone interview at Penn and not an in person interview?