Summer Entry 2013 Accelerated BSN/MSN Johns Hopkins - page 7
Hi everyone, How many of you have applied for the 2013 Accelerated BSN/MSN program at JHU SON? I applied early decision and completed my phone interview on the 26th. They said they will start making decisions calls around... Read More
- 0Dec 14, '12 by AdhirHello All,
I am a silent observer of this thread and was very nervous if I would get in or not since lot of you started posting about the calls I got a call at 4:30 saying I have been accepted to the ABSN and will receive a packet in the mail. I am so happy. I'll be starting in May and I was also told by the person that new students day will be in march and April both on fridays....So i hope to come and meet all my classmates.
I will apply for MSN but while I am in the program cause I really am not sure what I want to specialize in. For now I am very happy, but still waiting on few other schools-Upenn, NYU, Purdue, Stony Brooks. But my first choice was Johns Hopkins, so not sure if I want to wait for others lol.
I wish luck to everyone who is still waiting.
- 0Dec 14, '12 by DanaD19Hello! I got my call yesterday morning that I was accepted to the fall entry aBSN-MSN with a Family Nurse Practitioner specialty! Now I need to figure out how to pay for it, haha. Regardless, I am so unbelievably happy and can't wait to meet everyone at the orientation days! Anyone in or around the Portland, OR area?
- 0Dec 15, '12 by hopefulnurse24If you're early decision, don't you have to withdraw your applications from other schools? That was the only reason I didn't apply ED - because it was binding. You will have to put in a $500 deposit earlier than everyone else and you are required to withdraw your applications from other programs, so you actually aren't allowed to wait to hear from other schools, if I'm not mistaken...
- 2Dec 15, '12 by salinnHopeful-yes those are the terms of early decision but when they called to give us the good news, they didn't say anything about withdrawing other applications or putting down the deposit. Maybe all that info will be in the packet that we are all anticipating to show up any day now. Since I'm still in the interview process for my graduate specialty I wonder if I can hold off on the withdrawal process. That is definitely something I will be inquiring about next week.
- 1Dec 15, '12 by the healer's artSalinn, I'm glad you clarified that you would be withdrawing your other applications as soon as you got your acceptance packet.
Adhir, if you applied early decision you actually have to withdraw your applications from other schools. You can't wait to see if you got into them. That would be really unethical because JHU is binding and it's a contract. These are the situations that test your integrity. Would you ever cheat? Would you ever release confidential medical information? It's the same kind of thing...
I want to see which schools I can get into and what options would be best financially so that's why I didn't apply ED--I didn't want to withdraw my other applications. But it does makes sense to apply early decision if JHU is your first choice school. There's really no point in having applications at other schools.