Hello, I am a pre-nursing student who is taking all my science courses necessary to apply for nursing school
. I have a master's degree in clinical psychology, and for varied reasons (see my previous post, link below), am hoping to become a nurse. Because I love the work I did as a psychologist, and really have a gift for connecting with people, I'm wondering if I should explore the Advanced Practice (Graduate) degree in mental health. So a few questions for you to consider if you are currently working as an ARNP-MH or are a student currently:
- Do you enjoy your work?
- I what setting do you work?
- Who are your clientale?
- Why did you choose this work?
- Would you do it again if you could?
- What advice do you have for me?
- What would you change?
- How's the job market?
- How's the pay, hours, benefits, etc?
- What KIND of work do you do, and with what frequency? (meds, therapy, other)
- Any other wisdom!
Many thanks for reading, and your thoughts!