Northeastern University Direct Entry ProgramRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Northeastern University Direct Entry Program in Post Graduate Nursing Student: MSN/DNP/DNSc/PhD, part of Nursing Student ... hey fellow applicants. I am currently in the process of applying to the Direct Entry program here....by sj10125 Nov 8, '12hey fellow applicants. I am currently in the process of applying to the Direct Entry program here. I am wondering if previous accepted applicants could give me a rundown off what credentials they brought to the table to get in. I was a pre-law major and had a very dramatic experience shift me in this direction, "a calling". I am currently finishing up my pre's and filling out applications. I also wanted to know who you contacted for recommendations. Currently a 3.3 GPA From Tampa and a 3.7 in prereqs. AMost currently a volunteer at Dana Farber Cancer Institute, and 4 recommendations, one from there, one from my past professional experience from working in a clinical setting with a doctor on patients, my previous advisor, and my current teacher from my nursing class who is a DNP. I hosted many health awareness forums at my university, and was elected the political honors society acting president, and ran the council to help find students build homes for America.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=796597©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,487 Views
- Nov 9, '12 by hopefulnurse24Hey, I'm a student in Florida as well! I'm applying too. I have around a 3.7 (hard to say with 3 different schools and 3 different GPAs and every school probably calculating them differently), and a 3.7 in prereqs. I definitely feel a "calling" towards my specialty, but I wouldn't say its too dramatic of a story I have a lot of volunteer experience at a teaching hospital at my school, especially in my hopeful specialty. I'm completing a full time internship in it next semester as well! Lots of health related experience and leadership experience on my resume too... so we shall see what they think! I'm nervous, but here's hoping! Thanks for starting this thread.
- Nov 9, '12 by sj10125i am glad to here form your post. Switching from law to this people must think i crazy. I don't care about money or salary i just want a job that fulfills what i believe will make me happy. Every school has different standard so applying seems endless and nerve racking.
- Nov 9, '12 by hopefulnurse24I don't think you're crazy at all! Every school has different standards for sure, so it can be confusing when applying! It's not like PA school or med school where they have one centralized application. It's crazy, but you'll get through it!
- Nov 9, '12 by hi616Glad to see someone else applying to the program. I haven't seen any threads for the current application cycle so I'm glad to see one started. I am in the process of applying, so I can't give you any information on the kind of credentials people who get in have. I did read somewhere on one of the other Northeastern threads that they stress previous healthcare experience... something I personally am lacking in. I'm not really expecting to get into Northeastern and I am in the process of applying to several other programs. It would sure be nice if Northeastern was an option for me, but I'm not banking on it. I could be wrong about the previous healthcare experience though, so it would be nice if someone else could give their two cents!
- Nov 10, '12 by the healer's artI'm applying too. Some people have posted here http://allnurses.com/massachusetts-s...41-page22.html about the current application cycle. What specialty do you guys want to go into? I want to do acute pediatrics. It was weird on the application it didn't have a place to pick that but I wrote my essay about it and asked them and it's still possible in case anyone was wondering.
- Nov 12, '12 by hopefulnurse24I had read that they were big on previous healthcare experience also, but I'm honestly not sure. I think living in Boston and going to school in Boston would be awesome. I haven't submitted my application yet, but I plan on it by December! The only thing that makes me nervous about this program is that they only accept 24 people. I've heard that the students really enjoy the small size of the program, but it makes me nervous that they don't accept very many people so I'm going to try not to get my hopes up. I'm still going to try though!
the healer's art, I want to go into that specialty as well, but you already knew that
- Jan 8 by hi616Hopeful- have you tried filling out the prerequisite form? I am having an impossible time trying to save it and upload it! I've had the app done for months now, but haven't submitted it because of the prereq form.
- Jan 8 by BrittanyNicole90I didn't have any problems with the form but if you're having trouble saving it I would type out the info into the form, print it then scan it as a PDF. Good luck!
- Jan 9 by hopefulnurse24I'm thinking I'm not going to apply to this school anymore since they only take a class of 24 students and the application fee is $75 with no option for a fee waiver (I'm running a bit low on money, unfortunately). Good luck to everyone else!