Direct Entry MSN Programs 2013 - Page 31Register Today!
- Nov 7, '12 by hopefulnurse24Her name was Megan, kdiem! She was so nice! I think I was supposed to have someone else though, but it's all good. When's your interview?
- Nov 7, '12 by kdiemMy interviewers name is Jennifer. I think they have the interviewers sectioned off, interviewing applicants from certain regions. So you'd say it was pretty conversational? My interview is scheduled for the end of November, after Thanksgiving. I will definitely be prepping up until then. Hopefully we'll hear from Penn by then!
- Nov 8, '12 by hopefulnurse24Yes, I think you're right about certain interviewers doing certain regions. It was definitely more conversational than her just asking me questions and making me feel like I was being analyzed, haha. I'm sure you'll be fine for the interview!
I just went and rechecked the email Penn sent us, and my friend was correct - it says that if we are invited to interview, information will be forwarded to us the week of November 12th! If not, then we are considered BSN second degree applicants. That's next Monday! I'm so nervous. I'm going to be checking my email constantly!
- Nov 8, '12 by steve21021WOW you are already getting interviews? Congrats! I hope that the time between the application and the interview went by quickly. I am still sweating it out and reading all the articles on here is not making it better, haha.
- Nov 8, '12 by rainkissedleavesCONGRATS HOPEFUL! YAY!!! I am so happy for you. I wish you nothing but the best. Ahhh
- Nov 9, '12 by hopefulnurse24You guys are so nice and supportive. I know I've said it before, but I would truly be honored to consider you all my colleagues! I wish you all nothing but the best, as well. Thank you so much!
steve, from the time the application was considered complete to when I was asked for an interview was probably about a week and a half to 2 weeks... not too long at all. It is definitely rolling admissions, if that makes you feel better
- Nov 9, '12 by steve21021haha, not really, but thanks.
- Nov 9, '12 by **00**Hey everyone, just found out that Simmons does not guarantee clinical placements. The director said there is a "lack of placements" so we cannot guarantee them. I found that kind of strange.
- Nov 9, '12 by steve21021Do most programs require that you find clinicals?
- Nov 9, '12 by hopefulnurse24I know that Duke, Penn, Northeastern (someone confirmed this a few pages back), Boston College, Johns Hopkins, and Marquette will find placements for you. I'm not certain about any other programs, but I'm sure that most will find them for you. I know that Vanderbilt does not, due to the amount of nursing students in the Nashville area seeking placements, and that sometimes clinicals may be outside of the Nashville area.