your PICU scrubs - Page 2Register Today!
- Be careful what you wish for... I'm just quirky enough to do that. Watch this space...
- I had to find them first, then when I went out on the patio, they froze solid in the five minutes I was out there. Stiff as pokers they were. The last shot was taken a couple of weeks ago, in case you doubt my estimate of how much snow we have! :roll
- Feb 10, '07 by Canadian_NurseJanfrn...
That's some snow, Edmonton, right? I'm glad that we only have a couple of cm of it here in Halifax, but it is nasty cold! Yesterday it went up to -5, and I saw someone wearing shorts! Is this just a Nova Scotia thing? :chuckle
As for the scrub debate, I currently work in L&D, and we wear the hospital scrubs just like the OR staff. All other floors, including the PICU (where I hope to work soon!), wear their own. My cousin works peds med/surg/neuro and takes great pride in her uniforms.
- In our unit there are those who wear hospital issued scrubs and those who wear their own. I have a problem with hospital issued scrubs... anyone can go to their manager and say they need them and they'll have access. So everyone from nursing assistants to housekeeping to RTs, nurses and physicians are walking around in them, and not just in the critical care areas. How do you know who's who? I wear my own. I have a closet full of patterned tops with Marvin the Martian, Winnie the Pooh, the Flintstones, Mickey Mouse, cows jumping over moons, hearts, flowers, butterflies and some solid colours too. My kids love it that they can always buy Mom a new scrub top for a gift and know I'll be thrilled.
Yeah, we've got snow here. Lots of it and more on the way. It's been a lot colder but right now it's -12C (+10F) out on my patio right now out of the sun, with a forecast low of -19C (-2F) for tonight. At least we're not as bad as Oswego, NY... they've got 8 1/2 FEET on the ground right now with more coming. And we're not as bad as Winnipeg, where it's -18C (0F) right now and going down to -26C (-15F) overnight... and they're rejoicing! It's been a lot colder, like -40C (-40F) there lately. Can't say I miss it!!
- Feb 10, '07 by AliRaeOh my. I'm at work right now (LOVE the weekends when there's no "grownups" around to get mad at us for going on the internet) and my patient's sister just looked out of the window to see why I was laughing so hard. Well done, Jan.
- Jun 26, '08 by kleernOur Hospital still provides scrubs to several departmants other than surgery....I like it. I work in the PICU and we all wear hospital scrubs.
- Jun 28, '08 by SteveNNPOur PICU colors were blood-red and white.... actually looked better than they sound...