Pediatric CCRNRegister Today!
- by IzzyTheRN08 Jul 26, '10Hey all,
I was just curious if anyone had any good resources that they used to help them successfully pass the pediatric CCRN? I have the AACN Core Curriculum for Pediatric Critical Care Nurses and the AACN practice questions, but I was curious if anyone used anything else. I was really hoping to find a review class, but I'm having a hard time finding a review class that covers pediatric ccrn material.
- Aug 16, '10 by janfrnI'm going to move this thread to the PICU forum.
You might try checking with AACN to see if there's a chapter in your area that might have enough people interested in a review class. I seem to remember reading on their website or in one of their online publications something that I think pertains.
- Nov 23, '10 by foxyhill21There is a hospital in the north texas area that offers pccrn review course
- Jan 24, '11 by CICURN07I studied for my CCRN with AACN's study guides. They have two sample test booklets that you can purchase for like ten dollars. I got the pediatric and neonatal one just to get a feel for test questions. My nursing educator also had a set of CCRN review CDs that I listened to at home and in the car. I made sure I went to the outline of topics that the CCRN goes over and I studied up on each one of them. I didn't pay for any classes but anything could be helpful. I'm a repetition kinda person so the CDs and practice questions helped me a lot personally.
- Mar 9, '11 by ttucowgirlnurseI went to a class taught by Children's Medical Center in Dallas. It was very helpful. I also went over questions from the AACN. Basically if you study the outline, review questions, and use the Core Cirriculum book that's all you need. The review class I went to based everything out of the Core Cirriculum book.