mic-key g-tubeRegister Today!
- by AliRae Jul 13, '08Question- I have a kiddo with a 22 french foley in as a G-tube at the moment. We're trying to figure out whether or not it would be feasible to get a mic-key button shipped over here, but we don't know what size he would need. Are they just the same french, or would it be a different size?
- Jul 13, '08 by AliRaeQuote from prmenrsDuh ... that would make sense! Thanks!http://www.mic-key.com/
Try contacts on the website; they may be able to answer your question. Good Luck! A mic-key beats the heck out of a foley!
And it sure would be a great option. Just getting it to Liberia while the kid's still here is going to be the trick...
- Jul 13, '08 by janfrnHaving that honkin' huge Foley in there will be a benefit when the Mic-Key gets there, since the stoma usually has to be enlarged to accommodate. Express delivery would be prohibitively expensive, I'm sure. But maybe the company would be willing to write it off as a humanitarian act? Doesn't hurt to ask.
AliRae, saving the world one child at a time!
- Jul 23, '08 by AliRaeCouldn't save this one. =( My little man went to be with Jesus earlier this evening. He's had a bad aspiration pneumonia for the past few days and just after dinner tonight, decided he'd had enough. In the thirty seconds it took me to put on a fresh pulse ox when his stopped picking up, he had flown.
Must say, driving through the rainy Liberian night with a child in my arms to deliver him and his mother to her family is NOT an experience I ever imagined I'd have. Thanks for all your help and suggestions with this kiddo!
- Jul 23, '08 by janfrnAhhhh Ali, I'm so sorry... :icon_hug: I'm betting that Someone was riding shotgun with you on that trip.