CCRN BooksRegister Today!
- by umcRN Nov 9, '12Just wondering what books/study guides people suggest for the CCRN. I work peds cardiac ICU so I've got a lot of studying to do r/t picu topics. Any suggestions welcome :-)
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=796769©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,121 Views
- Nov 9, '12 by janfrnYou can't go wrong with AACN Core Curriculum for Pediatric Critical Care Nursing 2nd Ed. http://aacn.org/dm/Products/ProductDetails.aspx?productid=200205&prodtyp=produ ct&subsystem=ORD&itemid=0&mid=0&opentype=win]American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
[/URL]That's what I'm using to study for the Canadian equivalent that I'll be writing in April.
Are you planning on attending NTI in Boston??
- Nov 10, '12 by umcRNThanks! I will check it out!
I have been thinking of going to NTI, Boston is my home city, not where I currently live/work :-( but I am thinking it will be a great excuse to go home and a great conference!
- Nov 10, '12 by janfrnSweet! We could do lunch...
- Nov 10, '12 by tryingtohaveitallMany years ago I used Mary Fran Hazinski's text to prepare for the CCRN. I read it cover to cover. It was finally revised and has a new edition out. Great reference!
- Nov 11, '12 by umcRNQuote from janfrnI will let you know!Sweet! We could do lunch...
@tryingtohaveitall, I have that book too, the newer version, little dense but I know I will use it as reference too