Philippine Paramedical and Technical School or Online nursing school
- 0Jan 8, '13 by danny92677I am retired at 38 from the US military and I am thinking of attending a online nursing school in the Philippine's for the RN program. I am from California and I am aware of the issues with concurrency from the California BON. I have a B.S degree from Long Beach State. I don't want to sit in a classroom for another 2 years. I know from other posts that Cal State Fresno offers a 3 month course to address the concurrency issues for Med Surgery..etc. I don't plan to work in California. I plan to work in Hawaii. I was looking at New England College in the Phillipines also but they have not responded to my emails.
Has anyone heard of Philippine Paramedical and Technical School?
Anyone graduated from this school for the RN?
What was the costs?
Can anyone recommend another school?
What was the total amount of actually physical time in the school?
Any advice would be appreciated.
- 1,785 Visits
- 0Jan 8, '13 by steppybayRecent info on PP and TS, stay away from them: read the link: http://allnurses.com/philippines-nur...er-800006.html
You need to find out if the Hawaii BON accepts on-line nursing programs, CA does not, but you're not planning to work in CA.
Simply ask for solid documented proof of whatever school fits your needs and give you a few successful students who have passed the NCLEX-RN and possibly working. Ask to talk to these successful students, make sure you're not talking to a school staffer or employee.
Latest news about CSU-Fresno as of today's date, they may not offer the deficiencies courses until 2014, citing budget cutbacks and inadequate staffing and clinicals issues.
I don't know of any approved PH "on-line" courses at this time that meets the HI BON requirements, you will need to do your internal and hard research to your own satisfaction. Good luck!
- 0Aug 24 by JustBeachyNurseQuote from nurseaide101Do they have in person clinical rotations in all areas (med-surg, OB, pedi, geriatric, mental health) concurrent with theory? If not, you will not be likely to be assessed favorably. The school has been deemed unacceptable by the PRC and many US BoN.I am interested in attending the program for the RN online have any one recently graduated from this school and taken the nclex for the US like Florida
Did you read the warnings above?
- 0Aug 28 by JustBeachyNurseQuote from nurseaide101There is a thread just below this... No graduate from this school is eligible to take the NCLEX in the US as of 8/16/14... Something to think about when choosing an alternative unaccredited school.I am interested in attending the program for the RN online have any one recently graduated from this school and taken the nclex for the US like Florida
- 1Aug 28 by JustBeachyNurseNo US nursing school is fully online.
No US state board of nursing accredits/approves overseas programs out of their state jurisdiction. No overseas school can guarantee that any US board of nursing will accept the education as acceptable for licensure as a registered professional nurse.
There are practical nursing programs in the Philippines that claim graduates can get licensed in the US when many states will not accept the program since no one can be licensed as an LPN by the PRC in the Philippines (licensing in the country of education is required)
Apparently CGFNS will not even assess graduates from this program which means ineligible for US licensure in nearly every state. California BRN does not accept any online education programs