Villanova BSN ExpressRegister Today!
- by BusyBryRN2B Sep 13, '08Hi,
Is there anyone who is applying for admission for May 2009? Is anyone currently attending the program?
- Hi! I have applied to the Villanova BSNexpress program. I can't wait to hear back! When did you apply? What was your GPA if you don't mind me asking? I'm just so nervous about getting in...
- Sep 17, '08 by JoliePlease forgive my snarky comment. I know you are enthusiastic about school, and I sincerely wish you well.
But what kind of name is BSN Express? It sounds like something you would pick up in the drive-thru lane of McDonald's, not a professional degree.
I hate it when nursing programs use cutesy titles.
- Hi Ang99,
I just recently applied this month. I have 2 GPA's my BA is 3.5, and my prerequisites GPA is 3.6. Were you contacted at all by the school via letter, email or anything pertaining to an interview?
I applied I believe in late march and I was contacted by email for an interview about 3 weeks later. I know the time for them to make a decision is quickly approaching, so I can't stop thinking about it! lol I just graduated in May from Temple University and VU is my first choice...so we shall see what happens. )
- I just got contacted for an interview. How did yours go? what kind of questions did they ask? Did you see the new nursing building? I cant find many opinions on the school but I like what I saw online. Did you get a gut feeling of good or bad after you left the interview. Its my second choice at this point I just want an acceptance letter from someone to ease my nerves. What was your GPA? Did you finish all the prereq's? Its a nice campus I did go check it out but didnt walk around. You'll be ok just hang in there. Did you look at Drexels Program? why not stay and do Temples Program?
My interview went well. I felt like they just wanted to get to know me- you know- see what I'm all about. Everyone was super nice and very genuine. I love the campus and I have friends who've attended for undergrad and they loved it. I graduated with a BS in Biology and I have a 3.08. I thought about applying to Temple's program, but I spoke to the admissions coord. and she said they have an avg of ~120 applicants a year but choose a class of 10. I didn't want to invest my time in such a long shot. As for Drexel, I heard some pretty bad things about their program, and so I am super focused on Villanova. Hopefully things work out. I am an honest believer in fate. I have a great job now, but ultimately, I would love to be more involved in the medical field. If you dont mind me asking, are you changing careers or are you an RN trying to get your BSN?
I am a criminal justice major that decided to be a nurse instead of a cop. Still helping people but in a different way. I heard Drexel was pretty bad I applied for the hell of it but I really want UMDNJ, then Villanova. I am from south jersey area so UMDNJ is better for me. Yea temple would be a waste of time atleast with Villanova you feel you have a better chance, how many do Villanova let in I forgot all these programs are starting to mesh together for me. Good gpa I am sure you will do fine there. I just wish they told you decisions on the spot after the interview the waiting is killing me.
- Oh man--The wait is horrible! ) But I appreciate your feedback. I think Villanova lets in about 80 or so for May 09. I heard UMDNJ has an awesome program. I wish you the best of luck! Let me know how you're interview goes! I'm sure you'll do great!
- Did you hear back from Drexel yet? When did you apply?