UPMC - PSB-RN Exam - Page 6Register Today!
- May 30, '12 by lalasdHey guys, just took my test today and it wasn't as bad as I expected at all. I definitely felt prepared, which doesn't hurt. This may sound silly, but after taking so many practice tests one thing I didn't prepare for was the time spent filling in the bubbles on the scantron. With only 15 minutes for a few sections, I think all of those seconds add up to a good 2 minutes haha so after I caught on, I started to read the next question while filling in my bubbles. You can never be too prepared :-)
- May 31, '12 by kitty_deville13I know what you mean with the bubbles! Well good luck! :-)
- Oct 13, '12 by lalasdJust a few tips for those who will take the PSB in the future: wear a digital watch on your wrist to help you keep track of time instead of having to look across the room at the analog clock. I felt the most unprepared for the reading comprehension portion because it was 40 questions in 15 minutes. In a lot of the practice books they suggested a few techniques such as reading the questions first then skimming for the answers, but for the purpose of this exam I suggest reading the passages once (quickly and with full understanding so don't doze off), then using that knowledge to answer all the questions.
- Oct 18 by mhobson0213Hey! I am taking the test in November. I am concerned about the science section. How advanced was the chemistry? Are there questions like this one: When hydochloric acid is added to sodium sulfite and the gas that is formed is bubbled through barium hydroxide, the salt formed is? I haven't take chemistry for about 11 years. I am brushing up, but don't want to spend too much time on questions like that unless it is necessary. Just trying to figure out what to study.
- Oct 21 by snappeai took it back in august. i don't remember there being anything quite that detailed on chemistry, and if there was it wasn't common, so it would be a question you could easily skip without it affecting the rest of your exam too much. if i remember right, the chemistry section was more oriented towards very basic/high-school level chemistry (e.g. multiple choice questions asking you what the smallest particle was out of "neutron, proton or electron", or asking you what a negatively charged atom is called (cation, anion, etc.)).
- Oct 22 by mhobson0213Thank you snappea! I was getting really stressed out about that. I'll focus on the basics! Are you going to be starting the RN program at upmc Fall 2014? if so what campus?
- Oct 23 by snappeano i'm starting shadyside here in january though!
good luck studying!
- Nov 13 by mhobson0213I just took the Saint Margaret PSB today. It was not horrible. Except the spelling. Some say it doesn't count, I sure hope not! I just hope I passed!
- Dec 3 by Jalisa412What did you guys use to study for the PSB test at UPMC Shadyside? Could you tell me what was on the test? I'm really nervous everyone tell Me they failed the first time.