UPMC - PSB-RN Exam - Page 5Register Today!
- May 22, '12 by jemadi33Thanks! They counted each of those sections separately. UPMC does look for a 65 in every section of the test. You should answer as many questions as possible because you aren't penalized for guessing incorrectly.
- May 22, '12 by kitty_deville13you are most likely not going to finish all of the sections in the time they give you. in the first section, i answered like (at the most) 5 math questions because i'm horrific in math and i didn't want to kill my scores because i didn't know if we were penalized for guessing incorrectly. i did answer alot of the other questions in that section though. there are 5 section you're tested on.
i feel that this test is something you can't really prepare for. if you are feeling that you are not very good at a specific section, you should get a practice book and work on that section. i hear alot of people are having problems with the science section so maybe look at that too. and the spelling section is unbearable. i read over my practice book for a few days before the test but i didn't really cram or study it too much. i feel at this point you either know it or you don't.
good luck to you and let us know how you felt the exam was and how you did! :heartbeat
- Theres also something weird about how the percentile works. The way the website explains it is quite different than how they explained it to me. Typical percentile ratings would rank you against other people who took the test, but I think this percentile rating is how many you got right vs. how many you answered vs. others who took the test. Good luck to all who are taking it / took it. The way its scored seems so bizarre to me :uhoh21:
- May 22, '12 by lalasdI love you guys! You guys rock! :-)) Just to put some perspective on this percentile business, do any of you recall your raw scores from the exam? I'll definitely let you all know what I thought of it and how I do :-)
- I haven't gotten mine back yet, I know that I passed but don't know the score. I'll definitely pass mine along once I get them though.
- May 22, '12 by kitty_deville13I passed but I don't know where I put my scores. Mostly in the 90's. I think I got 1 in the 80's. Enough to get accepted to mercy. Lol. Where are you trying to get into?
- May 22, '12 by lalasdSo Leo, are you in??! Kitty, my first choice is Mercy (second is Shadyside) and they're still accepting applications so I hope I can make it in your class because I already like all of you, but I'm in no hurry.
Did the PSB test results break down your raw scores like 28/30 for Math or 25/30 for Verbal or are your results only given in percentile format? Thanks again, you guys :-)
- I'm not in yet, dropped off my application on Thursday of last week, don't know how long it takes to hear back. Have a pit in my stomach while I wait. Are you applying for the fulltime program lalasd?
- May 23, '12 by lalasdAwww I'm sure you're in! Will keep you in my prayers :-) And yes, I am looking into the full-time day program for Shadyside (which begins in Jan) and the customary full-time program at Mercy (which begins in August). Which school are you waiting to hear back from? Did you apply to both? Did anyone else here apply to both or all three?
- May 23, '12 by jemadi33I didn't ever receive a copy of my raw score. They only sent a percentile for Mercy. I don't know if they do it differently for other schools. I hope you all get in!