Philadelphia Area "New" RN: 30 applications rejected : When will my dream come true? - Page 5Register Today!
- Dec 13, '11 by Robin, RNHello, I am a new nurse as well from Philadelphia. I graduated in May 2011 and still have not found employment. It seems as if I submit 100 applications a day and no one is calling me back. Uggghhhhh!!! I just don't know what else to do at this point.
- Dec 14, '11 by TygRNoefPhiladelphia is a tight market right now, when I started school, many RNs that I knew commuted in to Philly, I live 1.5hrs from Philly, and I planned to do the same. Today, most of the RNs getting hired at the facilities where I work are commuting from Philly. If you're willing to commute to a job that, quite frankly, sucks, but will get you that all important experience, I can give you a direct contact at a facility that's always hiring.
- Dec 14, '11 by Robin, RNYes please. Any nursing job will do at this point. Thanks
- Jan 7, '12 by anotheroneTry upstate PA and upstate NY. other states with large rural populations also if you can relocate that far.
- Jan 18, '12 by Marian96There is a little hospital in Philadelphia that was hiring nurses like a month ago,is not a big hospital but at least you can adquire some experience,Kensigton Hospital is located at 136 Diamond st. Philadelphia.Not a Big place but like I said is good to obtain some experience.
- Jan 18, '12 by hiddencatRNYou need to check hospital websites daily for new job postings and try to be among the first to apply. It's not a matter of finding the one place that hires new grads but finding the new grad job postings before they become stale.
- Apr 2, '12 by lionett123KEEP APPLYING, I applied 75 times to Harrisburg Hospital before I even got an interview (not to mention all the other applications in other hospitals), and because I had so many applications in I got 3 interviews on one day and got the job I wanted on a Cardiac Telemetry unit! Just keep applying that is what I tell all my friends who just graduated. And, now that I have my first job, I find people telling me about other RN opportunities left and right, this profession is limitless, I LOVE IT!
- Apr 28, '12 by newgradlmlionett123-
Are you working at Pinnacle Health? I have an interview there next week for my first job as an RN! I would love any advice you might have! Thanks!