Lehigh Valley Hospital Critical Care Internship job offer - Page 2Register Today!
- Nov 16, '12 by NewGN12Hey everyone!
I will be starting the GN program in January and had a couple of questions. I am doing Med-Surg. For the first 8 weeks, are we just 7am to 3pm. Then week 9-12 is when we orient to our shift? I talked to HR and they said that they suually keep us one shift until we are done with classes. is that so?
- Nov 17, '12 by fireball78Hi NewGN12,
Congratulations on getting into the GN program! I didn't orient to Med-Surg, but I would think orientation would be about the same as other units. Not sure of the shift you will eventually be working, but they orient you on days (even after classes). Then once they feel you are progressing enough, they will switch you to your assigned shift to orient. Since your orientation is 12weeks, you will probably be on dayshift orientation for 8-10 of those weeks -- but that is only a guess. If you are working nights, you will have a much shorter night orientation. Just be honest with your education (PCS) about your comfort level. My orientation consisted of 4 months dayshift and 1 month nightshift (5 months on PCU) and things will be a little different on every unit.
Good luck to you
- Nov 21, '12 by NewGN12Thank you! Do you like the hospital? I have heard good things about it when I researched it. What are your honest thoughts?
- Nov 26, '12 by NewGN12Fireball I can't PM because I am new to this . Would you be so kind and send me another way to contact you.
- Nov 26, '12 by NewGN12I can't PM you because I am new.