LaSalle University Achieve Program - page 2
Hey everyone!! I was just curious to see how much in loans I will need. How much is LaSalle's Achieve program per year? I mean, I see the list of "per credit" tuition, but what has this figured out to for you? I just need to... Read More
- 0Jul 15, '11 by OneDayAttaTimeQuote from msimpaHi there,Hey guys,
For those of you presently in the program I have a few questions: Is it mandatory to buy our scrub pants from the vendor who comes to campus? Also how often will we wear our lab coats? Is the Lasalle emblem available to buy seperately? Just curious......Thanks alot
Supposedly, it is mandatory to use the vendor. Depending on how scrutinizing your clinical instructor is, they will send you home for being out of uniform (if they can even tell)--and then you'll have to make up a clinical. But eventually (especially by senior year), most people have swapped out the standard uniform for their own. You can probably buy the La Salle patch separate (from the vendor), but all I did was take mine off the old uniform and have the cleaners sew it on my new ones. And the lab coats? We probably wore them only the first semester, during lab--if that. They're hot and the sleeves get in the way. Most sites don't want you to have sleeves anyway b/c of the germ factor. For winter time when it's cold, they let you wear a navy or white long sleeve shirt under your polo or scrub top.
- 0Jul 15, '11 by msimpaThank you so much for replying. I have ordered the polos but didnt get the pants as they felt soo rough and were overpriced. I found almost the same ones for half the cost. My only concern is the lab coat as I have one and would happily sew the patch on it if I can but the vendor wont sell the patch seperately. Do you know anyone who I can buy it from? Thanks
- 0Jul 15, '11 by OneDayAttaTimeThe pants are like sandpaper lol. That sucks that they won't sell you the patch. I can ask around but like I said, no one wears that thing (labcoat) anymore so I'm not sure who still has theirs handy (mine is long gone). And next week is our last week of class so we'll all be on break until August 30th.
- 0Jul 16, '11 by msimpaHi,
I really appreciate your help. If you are able to locate one for me great and if not I will find a way to get one. The pants are indeed like sandpaper...they were so rough and mine just didnt fit right....oh well....we will see what ultimately happens. Do you know by what week does clinicals normally start?
Enjoy your break.
- 0Jul 17, '11 by sorajiI just bought the uniform last week as well and I agree the pants are terrible!
I had a question for you guys: do you have any recommendations for places to get a good stethoscope? I didn't buy the one on campus that they were trying to push with the uniforms since I didn't know about the quality & also do you guys know of anywhere we can get discount textbooks or do we pretty much have to buy them through the campus bookstore?
So excited to start in the fall!