I can't find a job!!!!Register Today!
- by Nedra LPN Mar 13, '12Hi, I'm a new nurse with 8 years hospital experience, some CNA experience who can't find a job. I recently passed my boards in FEB. Do you know who's hiring new LPN's??? I live in philly and am willing to travel up to 1 hour away.
- Mar 16, '12 by chucksterYou are not alone. When I last checked, more than half of the graduating class from 2009 from my local CC nursing program are not working as nurses. The number is higher for the 2010 class. Part of the problem is experienced nurses returning to the workforce or delaying retirement but the bigger problem is that hospitals and other health care facilities are happy to let patient loads increase rather than hiring nurses. If you look through the BLS data for the Phila area, you'll see that there are very few new nursing jobs being created - the average has been less than 200 for the past few years. At the same time, local colleges and hospitals generate over 2,000 new RN's.
I hear the situation is a bit better out of the Phila metro area, so maybe look at Hersey, Allentown, Reading etc. Have you contacted the hospital where you worked as a CNA? That may be your best bet.
- Aug 8, '12 by NrscI know exactly how you feel. Ive had my lpn license in may, it's now August and I haven't had any responses. I live in the Philadelphia suburbs and I'm really shocked at the situation. I'm gonna keep applying and hopefully someone will hire me. Good luck to you!
- Aug 10, '12 by Nedra LPNUPDATE.... I got hired by two home health agencies in April and will be starting at a SNF on the 20th of this month. One agency is located in NE Philly and the other is located in Media. The SNF is located in Lansdale, PA which is 1.5 hours away from me.
- Aug 16, '12 by jeanine53098Hi Nedra LPN, that is great news for you! I am a registered nurse with a bachelor's and I have been applying since January, few call backs, interviews, shadowing, and then told I don't have enough experience. Was hired by a summer camp, but tomorrow is my last day. Still looking and applying, but no bites, except PSA healthcare who has invited me to one of their assessment centers on 8/28 for a 4 hour group interview. PSA is private duty, which I'm really not that interested in, I like a fast paced environment. I live in Delaware County right outside of Philly, so I was just curious as to which SNF in Lansdale and which HHC agency in Media. Any info you are willing to offer would be great. Also if you are interested in Pediatric Primary Care, there is an office in Narberth, PA that is looking for an LPN, I believe the rate is a little more than 20/hr. Thanks
- Oct 19, '12 by aniramHi, I'm newly licensed LPN (Sept 2012), and it seems there is NO LPN JOBS available in Philadelphia, PA area for those without paid experience (at least 1 year, in most cases >2 years). I'm applying everywhere - online and in person: all with no successs! It's frustrating and depressing. This is just a descrimination - plain and simple! How can one get an experience without someone giving them a chance to earn it? But enough whining. Can anyone give me an advice on what to do? I'll appretiate any pointers. Tx!
- Jan 14 by cianni2000Quote from aniramIt is going to be hard to get a Lpn job in philadelphia nowadays. I graduated and 2006 and hard to resort to nursing homes. I'm not sure where you live, but there are a few that will hire new nurses. Genesis and Andorra Woods gave a chance. Not sure how they work now but were pretty good then. Also philadelphia nursing home is another. All three will work you to death but you will learn and gain the experience. Hope this helps.Hi, I'm newly licensed LPN (Sept 2012), and it seems there is NO LPN JOBS available in Philadelphia, PA area for those without paid experience (at least 1 year, in most cases >2 years). I'm applying everywhere - online and in person: all with no successs! It's frustrating and depressing. This is just a descrimination - plain and simple! How can one get an experience without someone giving them a chance to earn it? But enough whining. Can anyone give me an advice on what to do? I'll appretiate any pointers. Tx!