Drexel ACE Spring 2013, any applicants out there? - page 5
by Kelsea1214 39,261 Views | 152 Comments
Hello All- I applied to the Drexel ACE program for Spring 2013 start date. Just wondering if there is any one else out there who will be playing the waiting game for the next several weeks/months ;)... Read More
- 1Jun 19, '12 by Kelsea1214Itzsodonnaa-
No, I didn't receive anything in the mail after my acceptance packet. I received my transfer credit evaluation via email, but thats it. I just emailed someone inquiring about it.
Meeting with the advisor helped me greatly. I was unsure about submitting my deposit immediately, or deferring my enrollment in order to apply to other programs. Speaking with Ms. Breslin (an ACE advisor) helped me come to my decision to submit my deposit. I had a lit of questions regarding clinicals, sim labs, HESIs, faculty, scheduling, safety, what to expect in general etc. She answered all of my questions in detail. She was incredibly helpful.
- 0Jun 21, '12 by ZabinabI was also accepted to the Spring 2013 cohort! Great to see some possible future classmates Kelsea1214, I was wondering if you could share some things you and Mrs. Breslin have discussed? I tried to meet with an advisor while I was visiting Philly, but unfortunately it wasn't possible :/ Congrats to everyone who have been accepted and good luck to the others that are waiting!
- 0Jun 24, '12 by Kelsea1214Quote from laurn109Yes! But I did not receive that. I emailed Mrs Breslin on the 19th and haven't heard anything. I'll have to contact someone else to figure this out.@Kelsea1214 with my acceptance letter I got a transfer evaluation sheet and like an immunization record packet to get filled out by my doctor.. is that what you are talking about? it said to send that back with the deposit to hold my spot.
As far as what Mrs. Breslin and I talked about in our meeting:
She talked about the schedule through the program. You start with 4 classrm days and 1 clinical, then you progress to more clinicals and less classrm days as each quarter passes. she also talked about the HESI exams, and how they count for a certain percentage of your final class grade, and the % depends on the level of the course (higher course level, greater %). We receive an iTouch to use throughout the program, it is included in the tuition. She mentioned that most clinical sites are out of the city, so car pooling with classmates is usually what is done. Their are two sections of students per graduating class. We will have class with the same section, but sections are intermingled at clinicals. She talked about campus safety. She said that the Hannehman campus is in a much safer area than the part of the city where the main campus is. It is rare to have night classes, and PM clinical shifts end by 7/7:30PM. She advised not to work, AT ALL. However, I know someone in the program now, and she wished she would've worked her 1st quarter.
as far as loans etc., most students get some money from FAFSA, and the rest of the program is paid via private loans.
Umm... I think that sums it up! Hope it helps.Last edit by Kelsea1214 on Jun 24, '12
- 0Jun 29, '12 by itzsodonnaaQuote from futureNJrnHello :] and congrats! I recently got my financial aid award and..boy did i get..nothing. :[ But to answer your question for the entire program its 41,500 but you pay the half of it first for the spring and summer terms!I was also accepted as well and received my transfer evaluation last week. Does anyone have an estimate for the costs of the program?
- 0Jul 1, '12 by owluhsinHey! I just found this post - I've also been accepted into the Spring 2013 ACE program. I haven't yet made a decision; I am waiting on the financial aid award to go through so I can see if I qualified for any loans. I live in the Philly suburbs, so if I went I would commute by train. Good luck to the rest of you waiting!