DCCC Nursing Program 2013Register Today!
- by ChristinaCupcake Aug 21, '12Is anyone currently applying for the Nursing Program for next year? I took my TEAS already, and I'm retaking it in two weeks to get a better score before applying. I'm just curious if anyone else is applying. I'm excited!
- 8,226 Views
- Aug 21, '12 by ChristinaCupcakeNo one?
- Aug 22, '12 by dt5053I am applying. I am taking the TEAS on September 4 and again in October. How was the test?
- Aug 29, '12 by nsabbystudentQuote from ChristinaCupcakeI'll be dropping it off in a couple weeks! I got in for 2012 but decided to wait since I popped out our second baby in May.Is anyone currently applying for the Nursing Program for next year? I took my TEAS already, and I'm retaking it in two weeks to get a better score before applying. I'm just curious if anyone else is applying. I'm excited!
- Sep 3, '12 by ChangeupHi
I'll be applying this year for the evening/weekend 2013 program at marple. I took my TEAS in mid-August and got an 83%. That was with tons of studying so I am really not wanting to take it again. I am now just waiting to get my PA/FBI background stuff before I can petition. I used the McGraw-Hill practice test book to study and it had no chemistry in it. So I wish I had studied that more. What have others applying for 2013 got on their TEAS test? Anyone willing to share? Also does anyone know how clinicals are scheduled once you start nursing classes. The weekend program gives a range from 630am to 10pm for Saturday and Sunday. Do you get a schedule and keep that the entire semester? And can you pick your schedule?
- Sep 17, '12 by 4boysmamaChangeup, you should have no problem getting in with an 83! I'm in the marple day program now, and most of the classmates I've talked to had TEAS in the 60's and low 70's. For the first semester, clinicals start in October (you're in sim lab for 2 hours on your clinical day each week until then) and it's a 6 hour clinical day once you're in hospital. We're there from 6:30am-12:30 (or 1, depending on if the group decides to do lunch break or not); my understanding is that virtually all the clinicals are at that time, with the very rare group getting put later in the day because of any specific facilities' schedule. Your schedule and clinical site is the same for the entire semester. You absolutely do not get to pick your schedule, your clinical site, or your instructor! In addition to the lectures (2 hours, twice a week), clinical (6 hours once a week first semester, 6 hour twice a week second semester, and then 7 hours twice a week for the second year semesters), and simulation lab (2.5 hours, once a week for the first semester) you'll also have to carve out time to go to open sim lab because there's a fair amount of peer testing on skills that you'll need to accomplish before going to clinicals - I'd say an additional 2 hours each week for that.
Good luck on your application!
- Oct 12, '12 by pr3ttypeanutI just took the TEAS yesterday and got an 85.3%. I've been Googling what people have gotten previously who got into the program, but it's hard to find that information. I was hoping I'd find what the minimum scores were last year for those who were accepted. Does anyone know where I can find this information?
- Oct 18, '12 by nsabbystudentQuote from ChristinaCupcakeIf you earned in the 80s on your TEAS you should definitely be fine. In the orientation session, Nancy Wheeler said there's a range from year to year but it's very unlikely that you'll have 32 petitioners with 85 or above...Is anyone currently applying for the Nursing Program for next year? I took my TEAS already, and I'm retaking it in two weeks to get a better score before applying. I'm just curious if anyone else is applying. I'm excited!
- Oct 19, '12 by pr3ttypeanutThank you! I know she mentioned something about it in the information session, but I couldn't recall what she had said.
- Oct 22, '12 by jessika12goldI applied for 2013 too. Only difference is I already have my LPN so I''m waiting till April to find out if I get in or not. I've completed all my prereq classes with A's & B's and started some BSN prereqs in the meantime. (trying to complete sciences to use neumann as a backup) I only took the TEAS once and scored low 70's. I'm re-taking them this week. Hopefully my chances aren't terrible. I hate that they give you no insight on what to expect as far as scheduling since I do work full time. I spoke to admissions an they said the scores weren't so high this year... unedged some of my nerves