CCAC Spring 2013 hopefuls! - page 19
by PghGirl7 38,675 Views | 289 Comments
Just wanted to start a thread for those who applied to CCAC for this upcoming Spring semester. What were your stats when you applied? What campus did you select? What are your nursing goals? I applied with a 3.8 GPA with Micro... Read More
- 0Nov 6, '12 by kmoty01I have a friend who emailed amy to see what happens to the seats that people are unable to accept, her response said that they should let her know immediately since there are other applicants who could take the seats, which would lead me to believe there is some type of waiting list but it's ccac so who knows.. As far as appealing the decision, I had to do that back in spring 2010 bc they denied bc my pax scores were not high enough but I had wanted to apply using my net scores which were still good at that time, I emailed the dean of nursing and the seceratary which I don't think was amy at that time. A couple days later I received a call saying I got in but this was there error in counting the wrong score. So I don't think appealing bc you have everything done will work but it's worth a try! This semester I got into ccac allegheny night with a 3.1 gpa, a b in ap1 and a's in ap2 and micro.
- 0Yea after I thought about it I am deciding not to appeal. I went to boyce today and spoke to a advisor . He basically told me that even though your transcript reads a certain gpa that they remove the remedial classes like math80 ect and calculate your gpa that way. I asked him why the application does that state that? He didn't have an answer for me. Suprised?! Not at all ccac does whatever they want. He also told me that if my application happened to arrive the same day that other applications with the same gpa , that my application was likely placed in a "box in the corner" Nice! What the heck is wrong with this school? I'm done throwing my hard earned money down the toliet. I do not get any aid whatsoever. I'm done playing there games!!
- 0Quote from laxbam7I agree with you about the entrance exam I am from Michigan and they did the samething rhere, and did away with entrance test , now our community colleges there have over a three yr waiting list. Looks like ccac is headed the same way :-(Not to sound bitter but I really don't think it's fair that students who do not have the pre-reqs get in. When their are candidates who have everything complete. I am fairly new to PA. I have over 100 credits completed from other Uni's and am well qualified. I want them to bring back the entrance exam. Anyone know what other schools have classes/clinical's offered in evenings?
- 0If you want to appeal you need to call the dean of nursing's office they will email you the instructions. I called today and they emailed me the form right away. But afte I spoke to an advisor I decided not to appeal and waste my time. I feel like We are applying to Harvard, simply blind blowing. Also I know a student is currently in the boyce program and they started with 70 students and now there are 26 students left. The more I think about it there has got to be a reason so many ppl either quit or get dismissed, maybe if they gave the students a chance that have all of there pre and co requisites done maybe there enrollment rate would actually be maintained.
- 0Spring 2013 Nursing Admission Appeal Process
(Please read in its entirety)
Students who wish to appeal may do so by submitting a written request to have their files reconsidered. These requests must include the following:
· your reason for appealing our decision;
· what you feel was overlooked in the review of your file (if anything); and
· documentation to support your reason for appeal. (For example, if you were denied for not having completed chemistry prior to the application deadline, you may provide transcripts showing otherwise.)
Appeal letters may be submitted electronically or by mail. Electronic correspondence should be addressed to both the Dean of Nursing, Kathy Mayle at firstname.lastname@example.org AND the Nursing Admissions Coordinator, Amber Reed at email@example.com Mail correspondence should be addressed to:
CCAC- Dean of NursingOffice of College Services800 Allegheny AveAppeals are due no later than November 14, 2012. Students will be notified of appeal decisions by November 21, 2012. All decisions are final. PLEASE NOTE: Students who win their appeal must still be ranked based on application score to determine if the score was high enough for entry into one of our campuses. Students who win their appeal, but have lower scores than other eligible applicants cannot be admitted. For example, if a student was denied because he/she had not completed MAT 090, but provide proof that the course was indeed completed before the deadline, the student will then be moved from the ineligible list to the eligible list and then ranked with the other eligible students.However, the application score must be considered as there are 400 eligible students who did not get a seat at any campus, thus we cannot skip over more qualified applicants.Pittsburgh, PA 15233