Anyone accepted to Roxborough Memorial SON? - Page 5Register Today!
- May 16, '11 by nurse.bettyRNSorry abt typos...his iPhone is a piece of crap...
Last paragraph corrected below...
I'm really sorry that you had such an awful experience, Alana, and it's that you had to wait an entire year...But dont let this stop you! Still go after your dream of becoming a nurse and let the lessons you learned from this experience push you forward towards your goal!
- May 16, '11 by nurse.bettyRNQuote from JPK7908You're quite welcome!thank u for your response! the 23rd was the earliest date they had, i tried looking at other facilities to take it but it seems everywhere is giving the 5.0 version. im studying hard and hopefully all will be fine, how long after the exam did u get called for an interview?
thanks so much for your replies , its helped alot!
- May 19, '11 by JPK7908now theres a waiting list!!! o boy im so nervous, they wont even say how long the waiting list is!!! pray for me i really want to start school!
- May 20, '11 by Jayden8139JPK, I really hope to see you there! I'm rooting for u!
Alana, did you finish nursing school yet or are you still waiting to get back in? Wow, I truly hope that ur experience isn't representative of every semester. Hopefully, if this was this was the case the professors have learned and made the coursework and study guides better for the students.
The only negative thing I've heard was that are a really hard school. Which isn't such a negative thing it might be a good thing because it prepares u for the nclex. Also, I have heard of many students who get tutored at the end or they take some sort or nclex review class. It makes sense, you will probably forget some things and you need to learn how to test "nclex style". A friend of mine told me that we all should purchase kaplans book now and practice testing and answering those questions now. She says that's what she did and it did wonders for her!
- May 21, '11 by nurse.bettyRNI actually spoke to a few alumni from Roxb. via facebook and they all mentioned that the feedback they received from area hospitals is nurses that graduate from this program AT&T top-notched and that the program is well respected in the community...They also mentioned the instructors,(most of them) were helpful and supportive...I don't know, I guess we will find out for ourselves when we start in a month or two...
- May 21, '11 by Jayden8139I guess we will... Everytime I've ever been everyone was so nice. My experiences so far have been have been welcoming and pleasant. I haven't heard anything as bad as what Alana experienced so I'm really hoping that its not too bad.
Having to take an nclex review course I know is very common most of the nursing I know have done so and passed on the first try. So I don't take that as a negative.
NurseBetty, have you created our fb page? Would you like me to start it?
- May 21, '11 by nurse.bettyRNI have not yet, Jayden so definitely go ahead and do so if you like....it would be nice to reach other Roxborough students, old and current, and see how their experiences were....also, you're right Jayden, other nursing programs advises their students to take an Nclex review course, Kaplan review is the most popular one, which I think is a good thing if it's gonna help me better my chances in passing the test...
- May 23, '11 by JPK7908i went for my teas exam today and right after i sat down with pattie and i got ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i couldnt be happier, now i have to hurry and tr to get my paper work printed from online and send everything in. is that we all have to do for august besides uniform? has anyone ordered the uniform yet?
- May 23, '11 by Jayden8139Quote from JPK7908i went for my teas exam today and right after i sat down with pattie and i got ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i couldnt be happier, now i have to hurry and tr to get my paper work printed from online and send everything in. is that we all have to do for august besides uniform? has anyone ordered the uniform yet?
JPK!! YIPPIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you! I knew you'd make it!
1) Yes, you should go onto the website and print the necessary forms for your doctor to fill out. Don't delay bc that was a huge headache for me back and forth to the doctor bc you need the tuberculosis and start Hep B if you haven't had it and they need to do blood work to make sure you've had all of the other necessary childhood immuizations done.
2) You need to get your BLS Basic Life Support class done do it in June bc it needs to be valid until june 2013. I went to the American Heart Association last week and when they printed the card it says good through may 2013 so I will have to go back sometime in may 2013 to renew.( I met another one of our classmates while I was there.)
3. Uniforms I haven't done yet bc Central Uniforms said they are getting in a new pant, that RMH SON just approved, this week that is a much better fit and nicer than past years so I am waiting until they come in.
- May 24, '11 by JPK7908THANK YOU!!! im super excited!!! (btw i LOVE the dance lol), where did u go to to do ur BLS im new to PA i just moved from NY a few months ago and def need to do the BLS in the beginning of june and ill probably do the same and wait until the new uniform comes in and then order, i just cant believe it this feels so surreal because ive been wanting it so bad and lost hope after they were down to 2 seats, but thank u and all the other replies it made the wait alittle more relaxing, yayyyyyyyyyy!!!lol2: