what is usually done for tendinitis in ankle?

  1. 0 Just to make it clear....I am NOT asking for medical advice - I already have an apt scheduled with my orthopedist who did surgery on my other ankle for torn ligament. I'm just wondering if anybody knows about what kinds of treatment I might expect. I'm guessing it's tendinitis - got pain in the top of my ankle w/severely limited mobility - apparantly because of those dang expensive MBT shoes I bought. I did some internet searching and came up with some places that said it needs to be immobilized in a a walking cast, some some cortisone injections, some said physical therapy. I'm just not sure what to expect. I just started a new job as a CNA at the hospital and started my LPN clinicals and really can't afford to be immobilized and have no time for p.t. - working fulltime and school fulltime. I am doing the exercises at home that they had me do on my other ankle after the surgery and using theraband for gentle stretching. I know that fixing the problem now is better than letting it get worse though. If anybody can tell me what I MIGHT be in for, I'd appreciate it.
  2. Enjoy this?

    Join thousands and get our weekly Nursing Insights newsletter with the hottest discussions, articles, and toons.

  3. Visit  LanaBanana profile page

    About LanaBanana

    From 'Oklahoma'; Joined Oct '05; Posts: 1,044; Likes: 15.

    1 Comments so far...

  4. Visit  NRSKarenRN profile page
    Last edit by NRSKarenRN on Sep 6, '06

Nursing Jobs in every specialty and state. Visit today and find your dream job.