New LPN interviewing for ortho floor needs help with interview!Register Today!
- by UnderpaidNurse Apr 25, '06Hi,
I will be graduating in June, but the ortho floor (one of our clinical sites) asked our DON to pass along the info that they would like to hire one of our class for a position. I can not control the adrenaline surge that happens everytime I think about gaining this type of experience as an LPN as I continue on through RN school. My only fear is having to compete against
my highly competitive classmates. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what type of questions they will ask me during the interview? Any specific areas I need to brush up on before I go in?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. The thought of working med/surg instead of LTC makes my heart go pitter pat.
- 1,485 Views
- May 3, '06 by meownsmileYou can bet if you had clinicals there they have a good idea of which ones they might WANT for their unit. Go in with a positive attitude, with the idea in your head that you are what they are looking for for the job. Be honest with your answers and dont be afraid to ask them questions if you have some.
- May 4, '06 by UnderpaidNurseThank you for your response. I will take it to heart, being me is the only way I know how. I spoke with the nurse manager on the phone and the vibe is pretty good. I'll be set up with an interview in the next few days. Keep your fingers crossed for me
- May 15, '06 by UnderpaidNurseWell,
thanks for all the best wishes. It seems for some reason my application wasn't as good as the four others in my class that applied for the position. I was the only one who didn't get a call back. I didn't even get a chance to interview.
I'm slinking back into the lurker zone for a while and am going to lick my wounds and come to terms that the only place i'm going is LTC, and a 20 to 30 : 1 ratio. All my dreams rested on getting into acute care, since everything else out there requires 1 yr experience on that type of floor. Hopefully, my RN school application won't meet the same fate.
Going to have to have a drink now, makes licking the wounds much tastier.
- May 19, '06 by P_RNNever give up. Call the NM and ask her to keep you in mind should another slot open up. Ask her what you could have done to interview better. You won't know unless you ask. Reach for that star...that's the way to have it.